- chapter two

TURNING PAGE !

— WHEN she arrived home from school, Brooke noticed Bella's truck

— WHEN she arrived home from school, Brooke noticed Bella's truck. "Bella!" She called out her name as she walked into the home. She walked up to Bella's room. "Bells?" No sign of her twin.

Walking back outside she walked around the house, noticing tracks leading to the woods behind the home. She sighed before following the small trail and only getting halfway before they ended and still no sign of Bella.

Brooke ran back inside the home and got the phone. Calling each of the Cullens, no answer. Deciding to call Charlie next.

"Daddy?" She said relieved when he answered. "Brooke? What's wrong?"

"It's Bella. She's gone. Her trucks here but she's not. I called the Cullens and no one is answering."

"I'm on my way." Charlie hung up and Brooke felt herself begin to panic.

Charlie had called Billy and Harry. Both men had informed Sam already who was out searching for Bella along with Paul and Jared.

Kim had an arm wrapped around Brooke as she stood clutching onto the worn out oversized hoodie she was wearing that belonged to Charlie.

"Hey, they'll find her." Kim tried to comfort the girl but she only let out a whimper. Her eyes were filled with unshed tears her worry for her twin sister grew. "Hey, B." Jacob said quietly coming to stand on her other side.

She only sniffled in response. Jacob and Kim shared a sad look as Brooke made no effort to speak.

Suddenly Sam Uley's figure appeared from the tree line, Paul and Jared a little behind them. In Sam's arms he held a unconscious Bella.

Brooke tensed. "Dad! Look." She pointed toward them and Charlie took off, Brooke following close behind. "Thank you, Sam. Thank God." Charlie took Bella into his arms and took her inside.

"Thank you." Her voice cracked as she looked at Sam who only nodded. She grabbed Kim's hand and they walked inside to help care for Bella.

From a distance, Paul watched his imprint who held a solemn look as she walked into her home with Kim.

"Come on, man." Jared patted his shoulder and they both turned back into the woods, but not before Paul threw a last glance toward the Swan Home.

It's been days since the Cullen's departure. Bella still suffered from the pain of Edward leaving.

A loud scream tore through the house, she woke up in a hurry and ran to Bella's room. Grabbing her screaming sister and pulling her into her arms, rocking back and forth humming a song. To soothe Bella.

Charlie walked into the room and saw Bella in her arms. "Go back to sleep, Dad. I got her."

It was like that for days after. Bella screaming, Brooke comforting her, and Dad worrying.

As days passed, Bella became more depressed. Going to school and sitting alone at the Cullens table. At home she only sat in the same chair in front of the window. Nightmares ongoing every night.

Brooke walked into school sluggishly. Dressed in a brown juicy couture track suit with a spaghetti strapped white shirt under the jacket. Hair down looking as if she only dragged a brush through it. She wore a pair of furry slippers to accomplish the comfy look.

Her face looked like she was drained of sleep, eyebags sitting proudly under her eyes.

"Swan!" Embry called from the table where her group sat for breakfast. "Don't you look cheery." Jacob commented with a snort. "I haven't had good sleep in days." Her voice came out quiet as she leaned her head down on the table and shut her eyes.

"Bella giving you trouble?" Quil asked and Brooke huffed. "Nightmares every night. I don't know how much more I can take."

From afar, Jared and Paul stood by the cafeteria doors. Jared blabbing about something new he wanted to share but Paul wasn't listening. Too distracted by his imprint. Watching as she looked more tired than her usual self.

After school she walked to her car in the parking lot. As she went to turn it on it started sputtering. She huffed in frustration. "Ugh!" She got out of the car and kicked the drivers door shut with her foot.

"Woah there, karate kid." Paul commented as he neared her. "Oh, hey." She exhaled. "What's up?" He nodded toward the car and she sighed. "The darn thing won't turn on." She crossed her arms.

Her cheeks slightly pink from the cold breeze that had started to roll in this time around.

"I can take a look at it. If you want?" He suggested and her face lit up. "That would actually be great." She smiled and he nodded.

Once he had taken a look under the hood of the car, he shut it with a huff.

"Is it bad?" She asked wincing at the expression his face held and he nodded. "Lucky for you, I work over at Larry's Mechanics and can take a look at it for you." He said as he came to stand in front of her.

"How much would it cost?" She questioned and he shook his head. "Nah don't worry about that. Consider it a.......belated birthday favor." He shrugged as if it was nothing. "Paul, you can't—"

"I got it." He interrupted her and she gave up with a silent nod.

"Need a ride home?" He asked her and she nodded. "That would actually be great." She answered. We walked over to his truck, he opened the passenger door for her. "Hop in."

She got into the truck and waited patiently as he got into the drivers seat.

The drive to her home was silent...a comfortable silence. Paul's presence was very calming. Once they arrived she noticed Charlie's cruiser and Bella's truck in the driveway.

"Here you go." She handed Paul the keys to her car. "If my baby is so much as scratched, i'll have your head." She tried to look intimidating but her small frame betraying her.

"You got it, boss." He smirked.

"Thanks for the ride!" She hopped out with a wave and went to walk into her home.

Paul watched with a smile before driving off, the smile never leaving his face the whole ride back.