- chapter one

TURNING PAGE !

— "HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TWINNY!" BROOKE bursted into her twin's room

— "HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TWINNY!" BROOKE bursted into her twin's room. Charlie right behind her. Bella flinched at how high Brooke's voice went. Birthday's were always a 'Brooke' thing, and this was her first year celebrating her birthday with her twin since their parents divorce.

"Since i don't go to your school and i won't see you for a while. Here's your present. Don't hate me for it! Bye!" Brooke ran out already dressed in simple attire. "Bye Bella! Bye Dad!" She called out from the door and walked to her car.

Brooke went to School down at the rez. Ever since She was a kid she had been attending school there. Charlie felt as if she was more protected there, Jacob, Embry, and Quil always looking out for her and being by her side during school and after.

As soon as she pulled into her parking space , her best friend, Kim Connweller came rushing over.

"Bee!" The tan brunette ran over and embraced her tightly. "Happy Birthday, B. Swan." She giggled hugging her back. "Thanks, K. Connweller." Brooke turned at the sound of hollering and see Jacob, Embry, and Quil coming their way.

"Brooke Swan!" Embry practically threw himself at her making the girl stumble a little. "Hey! Don't hog the birthday girl, Em!" Quil scolded joining the hug.

"Thank you guys!" She grinned as Jacob joined the hug, Kim snapping a picture of their little moment.

"Hate to breakup the moment but the morning bells' about to ring." Kim said as the group broke apart. "C'mon Kim, we have English." Brooke grabbed her best friends hand and waved at the boys before they walked into the school to their class.

Kim and Brooke entered the classroom and sat in their seats towards the back of class. She was sat by the window and Kim sat beside her. Kim was drawing in her journal 'K + J'. It was no secret to Brooke that Kim had a huge crush on Jared Cameron. Speaking of the devil, Jared walked in with Paul Lahote.

She had never really spoken to the latter, choosing to stay away from him because of his 'past' with girls. Jared on the other hand was kind of an acquaintance, she would always joke or speak with him sometimes. Mostly because they sat together in Physics class.

Kim stared at Jared as he walked to his seat. Brooke nudged her best friend. "Be more obvious, would ya?" She whispered as Kim pouted at her. "Brooke!" Someone called her name making Brooke turn in her seat.

Jared threw a paper at her which she so swiftly caught, opening it up she smiled as she read it.

'Happy Birthday, Loser !!! I promise to get your gift later.'  With a stick figure who was probably meant to look like her.

"Thanks." She chuckled as he grinned and nodded at Kim before turning around. Kim's head fell onto the table with a quiet thud. She chuckled at her friend before looking up.

Catching Paul's eye, noticing Brooke's stare he smirked and winked. A light pink tint coated her cheeks before she turned back around.

Lunch rolled around and Brooke was sat with her group outside on one of the tables near the doors that lead to the cafeteria.

Embry slammed his tray onto the table as he sat down. "How does a person fail gym?" He asked as he plopped onto the seat beside Quil. "I know i'm wimpy but i've got muscles." He flexed his arm and Kim snorted. "That looks as forced as Mrs. Green's smile."

Embry threw a french fry at her, "haha." he glared. "Don't worry, Em. You'll get there." Jacob patted his shoulder and Embry scoffed. "Easy for you to say 'Mr. Buff'." Brooke cackled at the nickname.

"I love you guys." She snorted and Quil made a disgusted face. "Gross." She gasped dramatically and threw a fry at him. "Keep acting smart." She retorded.

"Sooooo, how about we have a sleepover tonight? My house?" Kim suggested as the table grew quiet. "Oh my gosh! Count me in! Birthday sleepover!" Brooke exclaimed as she sat up. "Plus, Bella's celebrating with her boyfriend and his family, my dad works. So i will definitely be staying over. Guys?" she turns to the boys.

"I'm in." Quil agrees, "Yeah, me too." Embry nods and Jacob nods too. "Great! Sleepover at Kim's. Just like old times." Brooke sighed happily in content.

The walk to her car was quiet, she took out her keys and went to unlock the car when an unfamiliar truck pulled up beside her car.

"Bee!" Brooke turned and saw Paul and Jared, Paul was in the drivers seat and Jared was in the passenger seat. "Oh! What's up?" She walked up to the passenger window.

Jared gave her a wrapped gift. "Birthday present, as promised." He grinned and she smiled. "You didn't have to. Thank you."

"Hasn't stopped yapping about it since he got it." Paul snorted and she grinned. "Thank you! I have to get going though. Bye! Drive safe!" She made eye contact with Paul and walked back to her car.

Paul sat frozen, he saw flashes. Brooke and Him on the beach cudding and laughing. A very small intimate wedding. Both of them chasing a little girl in a backyard. Their future.

"Holy shit! You imprinted on Chief Swan's daughter, man!" Jared exclaimed in shock. Paul just shook his head as if to shake it off and drove away.

— 𑁍 —