- chapter three

TURNING PAGE !

— BROOKE walked over to her group of friends at the lunch table followed by Kim

— BROOKE walked over to her group of friends at the lunch table followed by Kim. "It's days like today where i regret being cheer captain." She huffed plopping onto the seat next to Jacob as Kim sat beside Embry.

"Its days like today where i regret being your co-captain." Kim glared at her to which she simply stuck out her tongue childishly.

Brooke had been getting rides from Kim since her car still wasn't ready. She did occasionally stop by Larry's Mechanic's to watch Paul work on her car.

A great way to spend her time.

She dusted off her cheer uniform before looking up and meeting Paul's eye. He held up the car keys with a smirk and she beamed.

"Excuse me!" Brooke stood up abruptly and walked over to him where he stood by the door. "Is it ready?" She asked with a bright smile and he nodded. "Paul Lahote, you are a savior!" Brooke squealed as she grabbed her keys from him.

"No problem, Princess." He smirked and she blushed. "I'll see you around." She touched his arm before turning to go back to her friends.

"Your friends with Paul Lahote?" Jacob asked Brooke bitterly as she reclaimed her seat beside him. "Yes. What about it?" She frowned. "Bee, him and Jared are apart of Sam's cult." Quil said.

"Yeah, Hall monitors on steroids." Embry nodded and Kim stayed silent as she watched Jared from afar. Embry nudged her, "Kim!" She looked up startled. "Huh? Oh um yeah, bad people." She said distractedly.

"They're not a cult. Plus, Paul's a nice guy. He fixed my car for me." Brooke shrugged.

"Brooke, they're bad. He's just gonna corrupt you. You know how he is with girls—" Jacob started but she held a hand up and stood.

"Stop, you can't tell me who not to be friends with just because you don't like them, Jake." She grabbed her bag. "I'm gonna head back to the gym for free period." Brooke turned away and walked out of the cafeteria.

"Bad move." Kim told Jacob as she stood and followed her best friend.

Paul and Brooke seemed to grow closer by the day, gotten to know each other well and had been hanging out more.

Bella had also found herself spending time with Jacob comforting. She was happy Bella was getting better but felt a bit upset when Jacob would cancel their plans for Bella.

Embry had distanced himself from the group. Ignoring all of them even Brooke. Started hanging around with Sam, Jared, and Paul.

"Hey." Paul appeared beside her where she  stood at her locker. "Hi Paul." She smiled and he grinned. "I have a suggestion." He said as she passed over a pair of notebooks for him to hold.

"Which is?" Her eyebrow arched as she looked over at him curiously.

"You wanna come cliff diving? It's just me, Jared, Embry, and Sam." He offered handing her back the notebooks as she closed her locker.

"Cliff diving?" She repeated.

He nodded. "Yeah." Brooke exhaled, "Embry'll be there?" She asked quietly and he frowned. "We're not exactly friends anymore, y'know?"

"I know. You don't have to speak to him if you don't wanna." He said in a hushed tone. "Can I bring Kim?" She asked and he nodded. "Yeah, i'm sure Jared wouldn't mind." He smirked causing her to laugh.

"Okay." She nodded. "Okay, i'll pick you up then?" He asks and she agreed eagerly.

He winked before turning and walking away, meeting up with Jared and Embry at the end of the hallway.

What a coincidence. She leaned over the toliet, sick. Kim holding her hair as she practically threw up her guts.

"Brooke, you alright?" Charlie walked up to the open restroom door, the ruckus waking him up from a nap.

"I think she's coming down with something, Mr. Swan." Kim grimaced as Brooke gagged and threw up again.

When she had calmed down, Kim helped her to her bed and covered her with the blankets. She was sweating and shivering at the same time.

"Sleep, Brooke."

Brooke had called Paul to let him know she wouldn't be able to go cliff diving with them. Brooke was going through hee emails when she noticed two new ones.

Jasper Hale. Rosalie Hale.

Although Brooke wasn't as close to the others she still held a close friendship with Jasper and Rosalie. What she didn't expect was for them to contact her back.

'Hello Sunshine,
It's been a while since we've left. I wanted to send you this to formally apologize for us leaving and for how i lost control and almost hurt your sister. I understand if you are angry, we left with no explanation. It was nice seeing your message and hopefully I can write to you again.
Your friend, Jasper.'

Brooke smiled slightly at the message before opening Rosalie's message.

'Brooke,
I don't know how to begin to apologize for this. Edward convinced our family that leaving would be better for Bella. He's currently in hiding. Only calls once a month. The reason i'm writing this is because I miss you. I miss my friend and I despise Edward for making us leave. I just hope you know I never wanted to hurt you. I hope to see you again.
From, Rosalie.'

She missed her friends dearly of course, but they did leave. She had no one to blame but Edward for that decision. Brooke just hoped that he would come to his senses and not leave her twin sister heartbroken.

— 𑁍 —