Stunning

Chapter 19

Lucas' POV

"So what's up with Adam?" I asked, exiting the bathroom. Don't get me wrong, I trust April.

"Uh.. that was weird and unexpected. What about him?" April chuckled nervously.

"I don't know. So Hazel just dropped her brother off here?"

"No we were all hanging out before she left for a work thing." she said.

"Seeing you after I came back just didn't go how I planned it. That's all." I pointed out.

"I actually have something to tell you about Adam. It won't feel right if you didn't know." she said, coming towards me.

What could that be?

"What's that?" I asked as she took the towel to dry my hair.

"He's kind of my ex." she revealed.

I don't know what to say. What was I supposed to say? Not saying anything was even worse especially because I wasn't upset or anything like that.

"Oh, alright." I mumbled. Shit.

"So I shouldn't have told you?"

"April, I just said 'alright'." I pointed out.

"Okay. Well, I'm done." she told me, referring to my hair.

"I have a charity auction to attend a couple days from now. Would you like to come with me?" I asked.

"Yes." April replied.

The charity auction day:

April woke me up in the evening to get ready. The auction would run from the evening into the night. After getting ready, I went over to her apartment and she was putting on her dress.

"Come on, help me out with the zip." she said.

I went over to zip it down.

"Zip up, Lulu. Up."she laughed.

I turned her with her waist to face me.

"How does it look?" she looked nervous.

"Absolutely stunning." I smiled.

"Do people bring their secretaries to these things?" April questioned, in the car.

"They do, but well, you're much more than my secretary." I replied.

"But not everyone knows that." she mumbled.

"I can let the entire world know, April." I said, kneading her thigh.

"You can just limit it to the people there today." she grinned.

Matthew was also there and like I said, I introduced April as my girlfriend at the party. We bid on some things too.

"I have something really important to tell you." April said as I stopped in front of our building.

"Oh okay. Let's go up first." I stated.

April sighed as she entered my apartment, leaving the art piece she bought at a corner.

"I'm so tired." she said and tied her hair up.

"Let's go out after we freshen up." I told her and she shot me a confused look. "For ice-cream." I said.

"Sure." she grinned as she sat on the bed to take off her heels.

"So what did you want to tell me?" I asked.

"Oh yeah, you know how I spent a lot of time with Hazel when you were away? Okay, so I absolutely fell in love with decorating and yesterday, I decided that I want to pursue it for real." she said excitedly, signalling to me to unzip her dress.

"Oh my God, are you serious? That's really great." I commented as I unzipped the dress.

"You know, I didn't plan to be a secretary forever but a part of me was really scared that I wouldn't find anything that I really wanted to do." she revealed, sitting on the bed.

"Well, you have nothing to worry about now." I held her hand reassuringly.

"Hazel said that I could get on-the-job training at her company instead of an actual formal education." she said.

"Is that what you want?" I asked.

"Yes. I don't want to waste any time. I'm leaving Lucetta in a few days actually."

"What? A resignation notice is two weeks." I said. I wanted this for her but I think I also deserved to get organised before she left the company.

"This is were you're supposed to be my boyfriend, Lucas, not my boss." she abruptly stood up.

"It's only right, you know it. I don't think two more weeks would be a big deal." I pointed out.

"I'm genuinely excited about this, okay? I just never thought that you'd try to hold me back." she said angrily.

"I'm not trying to hold you back."

"It doesn't seem like it. Let's just talk later." she let out a breath and left the room.

I thought to give her some space before going back to explain myself. About an hour later, I went to her apartment but she wasn't there.

I called her but it went straight to voicemail.

Sadly, we are coming to the end of this storyyyyy.
I think about two or three more chapters.
Please vote, comment, share and follow.
Happy Easter!<3
next chapter: Talk