Dance

Chapter 12

April's POV

I wanted to do something for Lucas so I made up an excuse to get off work earlier so I could go home and cook for him.

After my unsuccessful attempt to cook for my boyfriend, I stared down at the mostly burnt food and placed my hands on the back of my neck, very frustrated at this point.

I was pouring the food away when Lucas came in.

"What are you doing?" he asked, walking towards me.

I hid the plate behind me."Nothing." I replied.

He stepped forward, carefully, then he snatched the plate from my hand. After looking at it for a little bit too long, he actually ate it.

I looked at him in disbelief.
"How does it taste?" I placed my face in my hands, embarrassed.

He pulled me in by my waist. "It's amazing." he laughed.

"I actually picked up 'jokbal' on the way here so let's just eat that." he stated.

"You know, you told me when you started having feelings for me but I didn't tell you when my feelings started." I said as we sat down to eat.

"So when did it start?" he asked then, he tied my hair up so it wouldn't get in my way.

"Fifth grade." I simply said.

"What? Are you serious?" he chuckled.

"I had a crush on you but I moved on and started again recently."

He arched an eyebrow in confusion.

"I even told you how I felt but you thought I meant that I liked you as a friend." I pointed out.

"Oh my gosh, I remember. What ten year-old confesses her feelings to a guy under a tree?"

"A pretty bold ten year-old." I laughed.

After dinner, Lucas finally told me about what happened with his father.

"My dad asked me for money. My half-sister, that I didn't even know existed, has leukemia." he said.

"I'm so sorry, Lucas." I said, squeezing his hand reassuringly.

"I can afford to give it to him and I definitely want to help my sister but..." he choked up.

"He didn't bother to see me all this time, he's only coming now because he needs help to take care of his other child." he said, fighting back the tears.

"That must have been so hard." I sobbed, embracing him. He fell asleep soon, right there, in my arms.

Lucas didn't deserve any of this. He resented his father for leaving, but I know he just wanted Graham to check on him.

The following morning, surprisingly, I woke up in his bed but he wasn't there.

I walked into the kitchen and saw him making breakfast.

"Good morning." I said

"Good morning, gorgeous." he turned to me.

"How are you?" I asked, regarding everything that happened the previous day.

"I'm fine." he replied, hesitantly.

"Really?" I mumbled.

He came closer to me and kissed my hand."I'm really fine, April." he said, "Now, follow me." he led me out of the kitchen.

He started playing 'Perfect by Ed Sheeran'.

"Shall we?"

I had forgotten that we didn't get to dance that day in our school because of security.

He bent down to take my slippers off and signaled to me to step on his shoes. I rested my hand on his shoulder and his arm snaked around my waist. We weren't really dancing, we just swayed from side to side enjoying the peace of being with each other.

"This is our song now, okay?" he whispered in my ear and I nodded in agreement.

My feelings grew faster than I expected. The person I love the most is Lucas Calloway.

I went back to my apartment after breakfast to get ready for work and we left together.

*******

I knocked on Lucas' door and he immediately told me to come into his office. Instantly, I was met with his brown eyes.

"I haven't seen you all day." I whined and walked to his desk, placing some files on it.

I opened it for him and asked, "What do you think about the plan?"

I turned to face him when he didn't answer and called him again to snap him out of his thoughts.

"Can you just listen?" I was a bit annoyed.

He chuckled lightly and pulled me down onto his lap.

"Lucas, you seriously need to look through these today."

"Sure, but you'll kiss me first." he said.

"How cheesy." I chuckled and he just stared at me.

I brushed my lips against his and pulled away.

"I missed you." I said. Lucas and I had been so busy that day that we didn't get to see each other.

"I missed you more."

Please vote, comment, share and follow;)
Thanks so much for 260 reads!!
next chapter: True