Epiphany

I decided to change the chapter namee

Chapter 9

April's POV

I stood there, embarrassed.

I just gave him a stupid excuse and ran to my apartment.

I had my back against the wall, my hands in my hair, wondering if Lucas noticed that I closed my eyes.

I was barely awake the following morning when I felt arms snaking around my waist from behind.

It felt so comfortable, I just lay there and didn't turn to see who it was.

I locked my fingers in his, my heart fluttering in excitement.

"Good morning, beautiful." he said.

Oh no, that voice. It can't be him. I turned around to see that was indeed, Lucas Calloway.

Then, I woke up.

"Thank God, it was just a dream." I mumbled to myself.

It was a Sunday so Lucas had to go to church with his mum and I was going to have lunch w his sister so I probably couldn't see him until evening.

To be honest, I think we see too much of each other and that was just making me confused.

********

"So, how are things at work? How's Lucas." Gina asked, sipping her drink.

"It's fine, your brother is a better boss than you think." I said.

"Really?" she chuckled.

"Yeah, when there were rumours about me at the office, he handled it pretty well."

"Oh my gosh, who did that to you?" she looked worried.

"My colleague, Aaron, did it just because I rejected him." I said.

"That is so low. So what did Lucas do?" she asked.

"He gave the guy an ultimatum, to quit or be sued for defamation." I stated.

"Oh, I wish I was there. It would have such a badass moment for Lucas." she chuckled.

"Yeah, I wasn't there either. I got in a fight with a colleague and I was pretty frustrated so I left the office for a while until Lucas came to tell me." I said.

"He must have been so worried. You know how much Lucas cares about you, even since y'all were in school." she grinned.

"Yeah." I smiled.

Uh oh, I just may be falling for him.

"So what about you?" I asked.

"That reminds me, I have something very important to tell you." she seemed very excited.

"What's that?"

"I'm engaged." she said.

"Oh my gosh, Gina. I'm so happy for you." I stood up to give her a hug.

"Thank you so much, sweetie." she cried.

"Wow, this is great. I didn't even realise that you and Mark were that serious."

"Well, we are and we want to get married a year from now." she said, a smile tugging at her lips.

The following day at work, there was another photoshoot but we had to take the company vans to the location.

Apart from my motion sickness due to the long distance, the trip was extra annoying because Meredith refused to ride with the other models, she had to be with Lucas.

Yes, I admit. I was jealous.

I didn't have a lot to do so I sat in a corner, using my phone.

Suddenly, someone tapped me from behind.

"Hi." Meredith smiled, brightly.

"Hey." I said, confused.

"I noticed that you looked uncomfortable in the van. You have motion sickness, right?" she asked.

"Yeah, I do." I answered.

She handed me cyclizine tablets."You'll only feel worse if you don't take them, you can thank me later." she chuckled.

"Oh, thank you. Why do you have them though? You looked perfectly fine in the van."

"I get motion sickness when I travel by air." she said.

Then, a photographer called her so, she left.

Meredith wasn't so bad, she was Gina's best friend after all.

After the photoshoot, Lucas told me that he had to drop Meredith off at the airport and also see his sister.

He asked me to go with him and I agreed.

*****

"Bye, Lucas. I can't believe I'm saying this but I'll actually miss you." Gina said.

"Bye, April." Gina whisper-yelled and blew me a kiss.

Meredith simply waved at me, which made sense because we weren't that close.

"Meredith!" I called out and she turned around.

"Thanks a lot for today." I said.

"You're welcome, April." she grinned.

Lucas drove me home and I pretended to be asleep in the car.

I thought about what would happen if Lucas reciprocated my feelings, we got together and broke up after a while.

Apart from the fact that our friendship would be ruined, my work life would be affected too.

I snapped out of it, though. I was getting ahead of myself and overthinking this.

We reached our building and Lucas came out to wake me up. I didn't budge because I didn't feel like going home.

Then, Lucas did the unexpected.

His hands slipped behind my back and under my leg as he carried me out of the car, into the building and went in my apartment.

In that moment, I had an epiphany. Oh, I liked Lucas Calloway.

Happy new year!✨
Finally, April  accepted her own feelings for him.
Please Vote, Comment, Share and Follow.
Happy reading<3