Five more minutes

Chapter 11

April's POV

I wanted him to ask me to come inside but instead, he wished me a goodnight and we went to our apartments.

I got ready for bed and just lay there. I couldn't sleep.

I went over to his place and knocked but there was no answer. I tip-toed into his bedroom and saw him sleeping.

How could he sleep in this situation?

I got up to leave when he suddenly grabbed my hand pulled me to the bed.

"Uh, I just wanted to check on you." I nervously said, with my back against his chest.

"Whatever you say, April." he laughed.

"I like it when you say my name." I said while playing with his fingers.

"April," he paused to place a kiss in the nape of my neck, "or Kepner?"

"Both."

"I have to tell you something." he said.

"What's that?" I asked and turned around to face him.

"I want to be with you for real. I want to be your boyfriend, April." he stated.

I stared, blankly and couldn't get any words out.

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

"Yes." I smiled and placed my head on his chest, dozing off.

I woke up before him in the morning and brushed back the strands of hair falling over his face as he slowly opened his eyes.

"Hi, Lulu." I whispered, "Come on, let's eat and get ready for work." I said.

"I don't want to go to work. Let's stay here." he smirked.

"Alright. You stay here, I'm going to work." I laughed.

"No way," he pulled me back into bed, "five more minutes."

After a while, we went to the kitchen for breakfast.

"What do we have here?" Lucas mumbled to himself as he looked in his refrigerator.

"You want ice-cream?" he asked.

"Ice-cream for breakfast?" I chuckled and sat on his counter.

"Yes."

He handed me the container and stood between my legs.

"You remember what I said yesterday, about how it may be weird now that we're dating..." I said, looking up at him.

"Yeah?"

"It doesn't feel weird anymore. It feels like we should have started doing this sooner." I pointed out.

"Hmm, I think you just gave me a very good reason for us not to go to work today." he smiled.

"That is not going to work on me." I grinned and got up from the kitchen counter.

"I'm going to shower, you want to join me?" he asked.

"What was that? I didn't hear you." I lied as I walked out of his apartment.

"I was just joking." he laughed.

I reached my bedroom and screamed in my pillow, releasing all the excitement.

It was still unbelievable that  Lucas and I were together.

I prepared for work and left the building, walking to the bus stop when Lucas called me.

"Don't tell me you wanted to take the bus." he said.

"Of course I did. That's how I go to work everyday." I replied.

"Are you already on it?" he asked.

"No, not yet."

"Wait for me. I'm coming to get you." he said.

"It's really okay, Lucas. You don't need to come." I argued.

"I need you to tell me how my schedule is for today." he said.

Of course he didn't need me to do anything, he just wanted to drive me to work.

"Okay you can pick me up, but work harder on your excuses next time." I laughed.

****

"You have a shareholders meeting at 2pm and the photographer really needs to see you after that." I said,  exiting the elevator with Lucas.

"Why does the photographer need to see me?" he asked.

"He didn't say." I replied.

"Can you talk to him for me? I have a lot of work to do." he said.

"Sure."

We went into his office together and saw his father there.

"Can you excuse us?" his father, Graham asked.

I left the office and heard them arguing from outside. Since his parents got divorced, Lucas had never been on good terms with his dad.

After about thirty minutes, his father came out. I waited for a while, before going in to check on Lucas.

"Hi.." I said.

"Hey." he replied, not bothering to turn around and look at me.

"Are you okay?" I asked, walking towards him.

"I don't know." he replied and turned around.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"Not really."

I sat on the couch and patted it so he would come. He lay on the couch with his head in my lap.

"Tell me something, anything." he said.

"I was a little jealous when Meredith was here." I said.

"A little?" he laughed.

"Yes, a little." I chuckled.

"That's alright, you look cute when you're jealous." he smiled.

I brought some of the things I was working on to his office and we worked there together until he had to leave for his meeting.

See that little star at the bottom, it will mean a lot if you press it.
Thank you so much to all my readers for 178 reads!!