Beach

"Hey, Lucas." Hazel said to me, over the phone.

"How are you?" I asked.

"I'm good but I need you to come over here and pick up your girlfriend." she said.

"Is anything wrong?" I asked.

"No, n-not at all. Just get over here." Hazel stuttered, "We're at the bar two blocks down from your building."

"Sure, I'll be there soon." I said.

I walked to the bar and saw them there. I waved to Hazel and she looked relieved to see me.

"Hazel, am I imagining it or can you see it too?" April said, looking quite drunk.

Then, she whispered something into Hazel's ear.

I walked to April and squatted, facing her.

"Has anyone ever told you how good-looking you are?" she whispered.

"Yeah, my girlfriend told me that." I chuckled.

She looked absolutely adorable while she was drunk.

She pouted and reached for another drink.

"I think that's enough for tonight. Let's get you home, baby." I said to her.

"Thanks for staying till I got here." I said to Hazel.

"Sure, no problem." she shrugged and said, "Bye, April. Don't do anything too crazy." Hazel patted April's back and then, she took her things and left.

"Can I just have one more bottle? I promise, it's okay." April whined.

"No." I laughed.

I led her outside then, I tied her hair up and squatted for her to get on my back.

After a few minutes of silence, she started sniffling on my back.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I just feel really bad." she said in a low tone.

"For what?" I questioned, adjusting her on my back.

"You said you have a girlfriend but I still like you." she mumbled.

"Really? " I laughed at the entire situation. She was going to be so embarrassed the following day, remembering everything she said, while drunk.

"Yes. I really like you."

"Why?" I asked.

"I have a lot of reasons. You're kind, good-looking, smart, funny, bold....the list goes on and on. Do you wanna know the crazy part?" she asked me.

"Of course." I chuckled.

"I know other guys with all those qualities, but I don't like them. I think I like you, simply because it's  you . It will always be you ." she said.

"April." I called her but she didn't answer. She must have finally slept off.

We got to my apartment and she was already waking up so I set her down on my couch to take off her shoes and make-up, then we went to bed.

*****

The following day, I woke up first and went to get some work done in the living room. April walked in a few minutes later and sat in my lap, facing me.

"Good morning." she whispered and gave me a quick kiss, "Did Hazel tell you what happened last night before you came?" she asked, looking worried.

"No, she didn't. What's wrong?" I asked, sitting up.

"I totally embarrassed myself at the bar last night and some of our neighbours were there. Hazel didn't even try to stop me." she said, putting her face in her hands.

"I bet Hazel thought it was funny." I chuckled.

"It wasn't funny. I stood on the chair and sang very loudly with a chopstick." she laughed.

"See, you think it's funny too. I would pay to see that." I laughed.

"Shut up." she grinned.

After breakfast, she asked me about what she said to me when I picked her up from the bar.

"You wanted to drink more but I had to stop you, then, when I was carrying you home, you were telling me how much you're in love with me."

"Oh my gosh, really?"

"Yes, really." I gave her a knowing look.

"You may not know this, but you are one lucky guy." she smiled.

"I know it all too well. " I said and pulled her in for a slow kiss.

"I want to ask you something." she said after pulling away but her hands were still around my neck.

"What's that?"

"Do you regret dropping out? The other day, when we were in Matt's office. I saw you looking through his stuff. Do you miss it?" she took my hands.

"Of course I miss it. I wanted to be a lawyer since I was little, but I also like what I'm doing now and I love working with you." he said.

"That's good. I think it's important that you like your work." she said, "I may start looking for other jobs, though, whether in marketing or maybe something else. I don't know for now." she said.

In the evening, I wanted to take April out on a date.

"Let's go for a drive." I said.

"Uh..why?" she asked.

"What do you mean? Let's just go, I want to show you something."

We drove for about an hour to a small but very beautiful, secluded beach. I had already asked a friend of mine to set up a tent there. April ran out of the car, excitedly.

"Wait a minute...Lucas, I didn't bring beach wear." she said.

"Don't worry, I brought something for you." I said.

She came out after changing and wrapped her hands around my torso, hugging me from behind. I turned around to see that she had changed into the white button-up with shorts. It was so gorgeous that I kind of wanted to take it off.

"Saranghae." she smiled, looking up at me.

That's "I love you." in Korean.

Is it normal to be jealous of a love story you created?

I'll show outfits and the tent in the next chapter.
Thank you so much for 468 reads!
Vote, Comment, Share and Follow.

next chapter: Sure