26 : Are all the loose ends tied?

JIHYO POV

For some reason when I woke up today I knew something was wrong. A kind of itching feeling. Mina left to go somewhere and she hasn't come back since.

I'm worried for what might of happened but all I need to do is trust her. If I see a simple text then I'll know I can help.

I've already got so much on my plate right now and I don't want to add that too!

By a lot on my plate I mean Minho...and possibly Jeongin too. I haven't spoken with Minho ever since that day where our secrets were revealed.

He called me, texted me and rang on the doorbell a few times but I never answered. He lied to me for months and I wasn't ready to listen to any excuses he made.

It's just Hyunjin's disappearance had me thinking. What if that was me? What if I was taken away with no means of communications to my friends?

It makes me appreciate the fact that I'm here and safe and that I was lucky enough to be in a relationship with someone where it didn't end violently.

So now, I think I'm ready to tie the loose ends. To talk and fix everything that was done and said.

Maybe then, I'd feel a little more better than I do now.

I take my phone from my pocket and look at my contacts. I decide to unblock Minho and as my hand approaches the button I hesitate whether to click or not.

What would he say? What if he didn't pick up?

RING RING

"Jihyo?"
"Oh. Hey, Minho."
...
"Is something wrong?" He asks.
"No, well...actually I wanted to talk with you." I admit to him.

"Oh well, you should come over. No one's home right now except for me." He tells me.

"Okay I'm on my way."

~~~~~~~///~~~~~~

I'm a bit nervous. Sure we had shared a few words during our group meetings about Hyunjin's disappearance but we never really spoke one on one.

DING DONG

The door quickly opens as I see Minho's face pop up from the corner.

"Hey." He says. He shows me inside and I stand next to door.

I don't want to sit.

"What did you want to talk about?" He asks.
"Us." I say. His eyes widen as he straightens his posture.

"Minho...I love you well I loved you, at least. I'm not completely sure why you decided to lie to me instead of telling me about you and Jisung. I would have listened." I rant.

"All those months together were they really nothing special?" I ask sincerely.

"Jihyo when I told you I loved you I promise I did. Just not in the romantic way." He answers.

"But you still broke my heart! It's not about you loving me it's about you lying to me and hurting me!" I respond.

A tear falls from his eye as he listens to me.

"What I needed then was a friend and you abandoned me. And I will never forgive you for that, Minho."

"I'm sorry, Jihyo. You have to believe me." He says.
"I know you're sorry. It'll just take some time to forgive you." I answer.

I touch the doorknob of his front door but I don't twist it to open. I'm not even sure I want to leave him.

For some reason I want him to stop me and tell me that he does love me in a romantic way. And that we're meant to be together.

But he didn't say anything.

I opened that door, I walked out and he let me.

Now I know, he doesn't love me. He never really did.

~~~~////~~~~~

Once I got home I met Sana in the living room munching on some snacks while watching TV. She waves at me and I wave back with a faint smile.

I sit down on the couch.

"Everything okay?" She asks me. I nod slightly. "I guess so."

She chuckles. "I said that wrong. Of course everything is not okay, Hyunjin's been kidnapped!" She jokes and taps her forehead.

I laugh at that.
"What I meant to ask is : are you okay?" She adds.

The words to answer her weren't coming out because I knew if I said something it would be an endless wave of tears.

I can already feel them building up and I think she notices.

"It's okay to cry." She tells me. She sits beside me on the couch and gives me a hug.

I broke into tears at her touch.

"Boy problems?"
"Yeah, boy problems." I answer a bit shaken.

The sadness dies down and I feel some sort of relief.

"Sana...I'm sorry for stealing your lines." I tell her.

The apology had been lingering around me for a while. I'm glad I got a chance to properly apologize.

"That's fine Jihyo. They're just lines anyways." She reassured me.

She smiles and brushes a strand of hair away from my face.

"Though if you stole my stage clothes that would be another story! You know how much I love style!" She jokes.

I laugh and relax against the chair.

"Thanks Sana." I say. "For what?" She asks.
"For being my friend."

She smiles the most brightest smile I have ever seen and I feel so at peace with her. There's no more tension between us and that makes me feel better.

We sat together while watching TV and I had plenty of fun.

Though I had this thought that came around now and then. I still wonder if Mina's okay.

I check my phone to see if I have any notifications from her but none show up. I sigh.

There's something left...something missing. I can just feel it.

Suddenly, my phone and Sana's phone ding.

AMBER ALERT
April 9th at 10:35, 27 year old Japanese woman named Mina Myoi went missing at night. If you know any information whatsoever please report to....READ MORE

As I read the alert my heart sunk.
The suffering just doesn't end.

~~~~~~~~~
I mean...you know where Mina is but not them 🤷‍♀️