13 : the need to try / pt.3

PART THREE : THE NEED TO TRY

MINNIE POV

FLASHBACK AT MAMA AWARDS

"Minnie, isn't he dead now?" She repeats one more time.

"Y-yes..." I stutter. I can't concentrate or breathe.

"What do you want from me?" I ask her. She smirks evilly.

"Your silence...and your help." My help? I'd understand why she wants me to keep my mouth shut about the situation with Hyunjin but why does she need my help?

"You see, I wouldn't ask Winter or Giselle for help. They'd think I'm crazy which is not the case. But...I still need someone to do my dirty work." She laughs.

"I think you can do that." Karina says.

I look at her weirdly.

"What do you mean?"

END OF FLASHBACK
BACK TO PRESENT

When I look back on my past, I wish I never forgot my phone that day. Maybe if I wasn't so forgetful I would have never heard Hyunjin and Karina and I would mind my business.

Ever since that day, Karina has been using the incident of the autograph boy against me so I do her dirty work.

She makes me find out information about Hyunjin, she orchestrates situations that she puts me in and makes me talk to him.

The worst one of all is the Versace plan.

I never knew I would find myself putting fake beauty marks on my skin and wearing wigs to ask a K-pop idol for an autograph.

Truth is, it's more than an autograph.

Originally, Karina ordered me to go there and camouflage myself so I could keep updates about what Hyunjin's schedule was because she was "planning something."

I asked her many times what she meant by that but she never answered the question.

I decided to use my stay at Versace as an opportunity to tell Hyunjin to be careful. I wrote on a note that Karina was conniving something and that he needed to keep his eyes open.

I'm almost 100% sure that Karina is behind Hyunjin's disappearance. She has to be. Hyunjin doesn't have any grudges or beef with anyone. She's the only one obsessed enough to do that to him.

But the only way I could inform him that was by giving the note to him. I couldn't call him since Karina made me delete his contact and since we're not close friends there was no other way to reach him.

I was stuck.

I had no other option but to pose as a crazy fan and ask him for a hug so I could sneak the paper in his pocket or something. Unfortunately, his bodyguards were very effective and I ended making a fool out of myself.

I hate myself for what I let happen. I'm lying to the rest of G-idle as I help Karina with her obsession with a man who doesn't care about her.

She rants about him every time I'm with her. It's getting enduring. I'm starting to think the leverage she has on me isn't worth the trouble.

"Minnie!" Karina distracts me from my thoughts as she calls my name.

I walk quickly to the living room.

"What's the meaning of this? She tilts her phone towards me showing me an article.

I quickly realize it's me.

"Why are you asking Hyunjin for a hug? That's not what we agreed." She says.

You mean that's not what you ordered me to do. Funny how she's using the term "agree" when she's the one making decisions here.

"Answer me." Karina orders. I look at her annoyingly and shrug.

"You better play your cards right. I still have the video, remember?" She threatens.

I sigh and nod.

I leave and head back to my room where I sit on my bed staring blankly at the door.

I suddenly hear Karina speak in a way that seems to be to herself.

"Geez, why won't he stop yelling for help?" I hear loud and clear.

Who is yelling? Could she be referring to Hyunjin?

"I put cameras in there to keep an eye on him not listen to him shout." She says to herself.

My heart races. Could she be keeping him somewhere? What am I saying, of course she is. What do I do?

I can't keep hanging by her any longer. When this comes out I would be an accessory to crime. And by then it would be too late. My secret is pertinent, that's true, but maybe I should stop hiding it.

Maybe I should accept the fact that I made a mistake, paid my dues and I can move on. What happened was horrible and I'm starting to think the media needs to know.

My fans all think I'm nice and innocent but I killed someone. It's a mistake that I did, and I must accept it.

I'm done with hiding. I need to use the little self respect that I have left in me and leave this situation I find myself in.

I need to find Hyunjin. His friends deserve an explanation. They deserve hope. Especially Mina, who I used to get information of Hyunjin out of her.

It's time to do something.

"Is he not going to stop?" I hear from outside my door.

Why should he? He needs to be as loud as possible. We need to know where he is.

"I guess I'll have to shut him up myself."

Is she going to hurt him? Could she be torturing him? At this point, I've understood Karina is sadistic but torture? I haven't even thought of that.

I suddenly hear keys cling and the front door open.

"I'm going out Minnie!" She tells me.

This is it. She's going to see him. This is my only chance to find out where she's keeping Hyunjin.

As I'm about to leave my room with not even a plan in mind I stop myself.

I can't be reckless. If I mess this up it's over for me. I need a thorough plan to find Hyunjin.

I can't tell Soyeon and the rest, it'll be too much to uncover in one conversation. I think the smartest thing to do is to tell Stray Kids and Twice. It's a long shot but I've seen them together.

They've known each other since trainee days they have to be looking for him. If not, I'm not sure what to do after.

But I have to try. It's the least I can do..

~~~~~~~~~~
I wonder how it's gonna go from here? And what will Karina do to Hyunjin?
Hmmm....