CHAPTER 24 - FIRST PLACE

As Chaeyoung awakens from his slumber, he finds Mina peacefully sleeping beside him, her gentle breaths creating a serene rhythm in the quiet room.

Mina's sleeping face radiates peace, her features softened by the gentle embrace of sleep. Her smooth, untroubled brow and relaxed expression paint a picture of ethereal beauty.

Mina's beauty captivates Chaeyoung's heart, effortlessly drawing him in. In Mina's presence now, all thoughts of Sana fade away, replaced by an overwhelming sense of peace and contentment for his girlfriend.

With gentle reverence, he brings his thumbs to brush against her lips, feeling a surge of affection welling up inside him. Leaning in, he plants a tender kiss on her lips, causing Mina to stir awake.

Chaeyoung pulls away from her. "Good morning, my beautiful Minari," his hand sweeps away Mina's messy hair.

"It's quite a new morning alarm, Chaengi," Mina chuckles with a surprised yet amused expression. She's luring in the clinginess and sweet gesture from her boyfriend early in the morning.

Chaeyoung responds with nothing but deepening his dimpled smile, pecking Mina's lips a few times. Mina couldn't contain the tingling sensation from her naughty boyfriend as she releases a burst of laughter that echoes in the morning atmosphere of their room.

As they collect themselves again from the banter, Mina stares at Chaeyoung with a lovely gaze. "I wish we could stay in for the whole day, but let's go to work, babe," she then abruptly stands and grabs the towel, ready to take a shower. "And yaa, you didn't forget about our gathering tonight, right?"

Tonight they actually decide to do a small gathering with their friends since it's been a while since they've seen each other. Stepping into adulthood has made them sacrifice many things, especially their time for their friends. This is at least what Chaeyoung could think to preserve the bonds in their circle, having a gathering just to catch up with each other.

Chaeyoung traces his eyes on Mina. "Of course, babe. Did you invite everyone already?" He asks.

"Uhh umm...everyone will join us today, including Sana," Mina utters while taking a step into the bathroom.

Upon hearing Sana's name, Chaeyoung's expression shifts once more to one of contemplation. For the past week, he has been pondering over the question Sana posed to him, seeking the right answer. Despite the unresolved question lingering between them, their relationship has shown signs of progress. They now spend more time together, particularly when Mina is occupied and not as closely tied to Chaeyoung.

Time passes, and when Chaeyoung gets out from the shower, he finds Mina already in her office attire. "Babe, I'll pick you up early today, okay?" He says while looking at Mina's reflection in the mirror.

"Uhh...about that. Babe, I'll come home with Jihyo since we're going to start the gathering right after work, right?" Mina turns around, seeing her boyfriend clad only in a towel.

Chaeyoung beams a soft smile. "Sure, but I still need to come home early because I need to prepare and cook for the gathering," he says while trying to fit into his shirt.

Mina draws near to him, reaching out her hand to fasten the buttons of Chaeyoung's shirt and do his tie. "Umm, if that's so, then I'll try to come home early and help you with that" she assures him, giving his broad shoulders a comforting pat while smoothing out the fabric of his shirt.

The clock ticks, the hands show it's 4:30 in the evening. Chaeyoung approaches Sana in the studio as they decide to head back to his apartment together since Sana will also join the gathering tonight.

They finally halt their last steps in front of his place, and Chaeyoung is already fully loaded with stuff that he prepared for the gathering. "Sana-yaa, can you help me enter the password?" He asks for her help as Sana's hands are free from any stuff except her handbag.