CHAPTER 1 - FIRST MEET

In the bustling hallway of JYP University, Chaeyoung paces his steps, the alternate sound of his footsteps echoing against the floor. Right as he approaches the cafe, he halts, his muscular hand gently nudging the door open before slipping inside. Taking a seat at a nearby table, Chaeyoung retrieves his earpods, sliding them into his ears. His finger then dances on the screen of his phone, opening the YouTube app to stream the song from his favorite group, Twice. As the music fills his senses, he rummages in his bag, taking out his sketchbook. Flipping through its pages, he lands on an unfinished drawing, ready to lose himself in his art once more.

As he immerses himself in drawing, suddenly he feels a strike of starlight on his forehead, which makes him flinch in pain. "What the fuck... Jeongyeon-aa??!!" Chaeyoung curses as he moves his gaze to Jeongyeon, who suddenly flicks his forehead out of nowhere.

"Hahahahah, sorry Chaeng, I already called for you so many times, but didn't you hear me... so eat that," Jeongyeon playfully nudges him before sitting across from him.

"Aaa, you son of a bitc..."

"Guys!!! Come here faster!!" Jeongyeon suddenly shouts out, cutting off Chaeyoung's anger as he notices Jihyo, Tzuyu, and Nayeon at the entrance of the cafe, their eyes lingering around looking for them.

"What are you doing here alone, Chaeng?? We were looking for you everywhere," Jihyo utters, looking at Chaeyoung, who is still rubbing his forehead, while Jeongyeon taps the empty side beside him, offering his girlfriend, Nayeon, to sit.

"Nah, nothing... just trying to get rid of you out of my life for a moment. That's why I'm alone," Chaeyoung cynically replies.

Jihyo, annoyed by his answer, swiftly sway the book in her hand and hits Chaeyoung's head, making him wince in pain. "This is for being so freaking annoying, Son Chaeyoung," Jihyo rolls her big eyes and roughly pulls out a chair to sit beside Nayeon.

"These people are such bullies... how can I have been friends with you guys," Chaeyoung mumbles in disbelief.

"Consider yourself lucky, Chaeng. If you're not friends with us, who would you be hanging out with? Your terrifyingly obsessed fans?" Jihyo fires back.

"Heyy, they aren't my fans, they are Tzuyu's fans," Chaeyoung teases Tzuyu while snaking his hand around Tzuyu's broad shoulder as Tzuyu is now sitting beside him.

Upon hearing that, Tzuyu fixes his serious gaze on Chaeyoung, his tone slightly stern as he questions, "Yaa!! What do you mean......" without finishing his words, he slowly turns his head to Jihyo, his serious eyes mischievously sparkling towards her, and he continues, ".....Jihyo-yaa, they are definitely my fans, not Chaeyoung's," his voice shifting to a teasing edge as he joins Chaeyoung in fooling around with Jihyo.

"Yess, that's my boy Tzu," Chaeyoung brings his palm up in the air which Tzuyu reciprocates making high five with each other.

Jihyo presses her lips in a bitter smile and shakes her head. "Aissshhi... when will these boys grow up." Jihyo looks at those two annoying guys, but without them, their world may be filled with emptiness. Chaeyoung always has that playful side that brings joy to his friends, as he effortlessly infuses moments with laughter. Meanwhile, Tzuyu is their silent comedian. Even though he's the quietest one, when he reaches the point of being savage, no one can outdo him.

"Idiots, stop with the daydreaming... What do you guys mean your fans?? They are obviously mine," Jeongyeon suddenly interjects with his mischievous demeanor, adding another playful twist to their banter.

"Oh, is that so?? Do you have a wish to sleep forever and have a nightmare for the rest of your life, Yoo Jeongyeon-Ssi?" Nayeon's voice raises at her boyfriend. Her elbow nudges into Jeongyeon, causing him to wince in pain while her eyes flash a deadly stare, observing him up and down.