CHAPTER 37 - DEJAVU

The morning atmosphere in Mina's house is quite chaotic, with Hoonie crying when his babysitter comes to pick him up because he doesn't want Mina to leave him. Mina, patient as usual, keeps persuading her son, her motherly character evolving around her. "Baby, you should go with Hanni noona first, okay? Mommy promises to pick you up faster today, and we will go to the playground together with Haewon, alright? Stop crying, okay, baby?" Mina wipes Hoonie's tears that don't seem to want to stop.

Chaeyoung emerges from his room wearing his office attire. "Hey, my boy, what's happening here? Oh gosh, that tears, why are you crying?" Chaeyoung squats in front of Hoonie beside Mina while patting his shoulder.

Mina looks at Chaeyoung, motherly frustration filling her tone. "He doesn't want to go with his babysitter, Chaeng. Why not you talk to your son"

Chaeyoung chuckles, diverting his gaze to his son while stroking Hoonie's hair. "Hey, strong boys shouldn't cry, Hoonie-yaa. You are strong, right? Listen to Daddy, I'll buy you a lot of strawberries if you follow..." He looks at the babysitter.

"Hanni noona," Mina interjects.

"Ah, yes, Hanni noona. Do you want strawberries, Hoonie-yaa?" Chaeyoung cutely asks while tilting his head to Hoonie.

"No, I want mommy and daddy. I don't want strawberries," he mumbles between his hiccups of crying.

Chaeyoung suddenly smiles wider. "What about Daddy bringing Hoonie to Aunt Sana after Daddy finishes work? Aunt Sana said she missed you. Do you want to meet Aunt Sana?" Chaeyoung mischievously asks and slowly brings his face closer to Hoonie. He then whispers something. "We will give another kiss to Aunt Sana if Hoonie stops crying now, cool?" He chuckles as he pulls away.

Surprised, Mina notices her son completely stops crying after Chaeyoung whispers. Hoonie nods to Chaeyoung while wiping his own tears and forcing a smile. He then suddenly holding Hanni's hand, wanting to follow her.

Bewildered for a moment, Mina is curious about what Chaeyoung said to their son. "Yaa, what did you tell him?" She nudges Chaeyoung's arm as they both stand up.

Chaeyoung gives her a naughty smirk in reply, not bothering to answer, and sends Hoonie off with Hanni to the front door.

Growing dissatisfied, Mina whines while walking, "Yaa, tell me!"

As they reach the doorstep, Chaeyoung pecks Hoonie's forehead while Mina kisses every part of Hoonie's face. But before she distances herself, she asks Hoonie, "Hoonie-yaa, do you want to tell Mommy what did Daddy tell you, Baby?" Mina pleads with her son.

Hoonie innocently replies, "Daddy said we can kiss Aunt Sana if I stop crying, Mommy." Hoonie giggles.

"What? Yaa, why did you teach your son to be pervert?" She slaps Chaeyoung's hand forcefully, but Chaeyoung doesn't flinch, instead laughing with Hoonie.

Mina rolls her eyes. "Don't teach him like that, idiot. Our Hoonie already has Haewon, right, honey?" She teases Hoonie, bewildering both her son and Chaeyoung.

"Who's Haewon, Hoonie-yaa? Is she daddy's friend too?" Chaeyoung softly asks, but Hoonie declines to answer and rushes to pull Hanni out until they disappear from the house.

Now it's Chaeyoung's turn to grow dissatisfied. As they walk back inside, he asks Mina, "Who's Haewon, Mina-yaa? Do I knew her before?" He scratches his nape.

"She's Jeongyeon and Nayeon's daughter, Chaeng. Why? Do you think she's another pretty adult like your Sana?" Mina rolls her eyes while straightening her clothes, ready to leave for work.

Chaeyoung plays it cool in response to Mina's remarks. "Oh my, I didn't say anything about Sana being pretty or anything like that. I was just asking about Haewon, though," he casually mentions as he retrieves his tie from the sofa where he left it earlier.