CHAPTER 14 - SACRIFICE 🥀

-ONE YEAR AGO-

Jihyo rushed into Chaeyoung's room after he told her to come over. He had something urgent to tell her.

"Tell me what's so urgent you want to tell me, Chaeng?" Jihyo asked, her brows stitched together as she looked at him. Her eyes were wide with curiosity like a thomas.

"Jihyo-yaa, I..uh, I want to propose to Sana to be my girlfriend," Chaeyoung said, his expression excited but his voice nervous.

"Wow Chaeng!! Seriously?? Damn, I'm so happy for you right now," Jihyo exclaimed, smiling in disbelief that Chaeyoung finally had the courage to ask Sana to be his girlfriend.

Jihyo knew that Chaeyoung had a crush on Sana for almost a year now, despite them being bestfriend since childhood. Chaeyoung might tell Jihyo everything, as nothing was hidden from her. He found comfort in sharing with her but not with others, as only Jihyo had a mature and understanding side in their circle.

Chaeyoung chuckled, looking at Jihyo. "Wish me luck, Jihyo-yaa."

"Of course I will, idiot. But when are you going to confess?? She's not coming back here yet, right?" Jihyo's face still held a lingering happiness for her friend.

"Next two weeks, she will come from New Zealand, so I plan to confess when I pick her up from the airport," Chaeyoung said, starting to imagine how it would be and picturing some plans to make his confession to Sana memorable.

One week had already passed, and Chaeyoung and Tzuyu hung out at the hidden lake in their campus, escaping the bustling and busy campus life. They took their seats next to each other on the bench while smoking.

"Chaeng, will you mind if I ask you about someone?" Tzuyu began while blowing smoke from the cigarette.

"Someone? You sound serious, but of course. Whom are you going to ask about?" Chaeyoung grinned, his gaze darting at the clear crystal water in the lake. He felt the noon cold breeze hitting his face, making him feel chilled and relaxed.

"Actually, Chaeng, I want to ask about Sana," Tzuyu said. His voice lingered with some nervousness.

Chaeyoung immediately turned his gaze to Tzuyu, curiosity taking the best of him. "Uh? What about her, Tzu?"

"You have been best friends with her since childhood, right? So I just want to ask your opinion, what do you think about her?" Tzuyu inquired.

"Umm," Chaeyoung pouted as he thought of the best words to describe Sana. "Well, she's nice, clever, pretty, goofy, bubbly and loving. All I can say is she's perfect," Chaeyoung said, smiling like an idiot while talking about his crush.

"Just like what I expected, Chaeng," Tzuyu said, reciprocating the smile, but his smile was even wider than Chaeyoung's.

Chaeyoung sensed something was going on since Tzuyu looked excessively happy. "But why are you suddenly asking me about her, Tzu?"

"Chaeng, actually I have been contemplating about telling you this since you are her best friend. You might not like what I'm going to say," Tzuyu said, a tinge of worry evident on his face.

Chaeyoung pushed Tzuyu's shoulder slightly and said, "Yaa, just tell me already, Tzu. I promise I will like it." Chaeyoung's mind was filled with question marks and uneasy feelings.