History

Izuku POV:

I arrived at the smith shop to see the chief in front of me alongside some things to take blood from me. "It's good to see you again, Izuku. Care to tell me how you are feeling today?"

I sat down on the chair before smiling at the chief. "I've been well so far."

"Is your research going well?" I let out a bit of a sigh in disappointment to get the point across. "I see. So there was nothing you could find to possibly help."

"I did actually find something slightly worthwhile. Something about a doll. It was made around 500 years ago. From what I could tell, the dolls were made with at least 8 arms in hopes to mirror the swordsman's movements. It's something worth looking into." I had the needle go into my arm for my blood to be pulled out thanks to it. "If there's a doll that was made to mirror a specific swordsman, it must've been a powerful swordsman."

"Hmmm....Over 500 years ago. Do you know which era it was in?"

I tried to remember what I could about the era to answer. "I believe it was sometime in the Sengoku Era. From what I learned form history, something happened in the Corps during that time that increased their success rate. The original breathing styles that were prior were far inferior to what we use today. But there's one name that keeps making me question this." I thought of what I found before speaking it out loud. "Sun Breathing."

"Hmmm. That is a strange thing. I have not learned of anything called Sun Breathing before. Perhaps it is a style that was written down in another book. Perhaps prioritizing that specific era will help you learn of it. I'd also look at the Ubuyashiki's logs in that time if you wish to keep going. Also, I think the Rengoku family log of the fifth volume would help if my memory does serve right." I winced a bit as he said this. "What's wrong?"

"The fifth volume...doesn't exist anymore."

"What?"

"I only found this out from Rengoku when he was looking at the logs. He said he'd assist in learning alongside me by learning his family's past. But when he got to the fifth volume, it was ripped apart inside."

"I see...that's a shame. The Rengoku family had done such a great job up till now holding a log almost as great as the one we hold."

"Kyojuro even apologized for wasting my time, but I don't feel mad at him. He put forth the effort to help me and in short, I should be the one apologizing to him for not finding this out sooner." The needle was soon pulled out of me for my body's regenerative function to work. "We almost done with the swords though?"

"Ah, yes. We are nearly there. I know it has been hard on you for not being able to help out and join the field after all this time, but you are without a doubt going to be proud of the time we spent."

"I know I will. And that is why I'm not against waiting a bit more. You always do amazing work chief." I bowed to him before getting up. "I should leave you to your work. But it was a pleasant time talking to you."

"But of course. The same to you. I hope you the best of luck in your research." I walked out of his forge with my mind still stuck in a daze in what I should do. While this happened, I thought about the Sengoku era from what I've learned.

'From what I remember, Muzan Kibutsuji did not put in the 12 Kizuki until after this era. That means something had happened in this time that made him fear enough to make top ranking members of the demons. Was it the original Breathing Styles they used or was it just the level of skill this generation had that made him scared?' I kept thinking about this before getting back into the lower levels to go back into the book I had. I opened it to the page and found it. The talk of the swordsman.