Kyogai

3rd person POV:

"Hear us right now, Demon. I don't care who you are or what your goal is. The second you chose to harm innocent people, you became our enemy." Ochako held her blade in a fighting stance before storming into the room. "AND THAT'S THE REASON I'LL TAKE YOU DOWN HERE AND NOW TO PROVE TO MY MENTOR I'M WORTHY ENOUGH TO STAND BESIDE HIM! WIND BREATHING, 1ST FORM: DUST WHIRLWIND CUTTER!" Ochako sent several slashes forward for the drum demon to scowl before hitting the drum on the center of his chest. This forced a massive slash to counter and cancel out her attack.

"Insolent child! I'll make you regret facing Kyogai the Demon of the Drum!" Tanjiro joined in to charge forward next before the room began moving to send both backwards and on the side of the wall near the door. The demon continued this again for a few times to disorient them. However, both Tanjiro and Ochako started to notice what the drums did to try and time themselves and move closer. But right before they could though, Tanjiro smelt what seemed to resemble mold coming right at Ochako.

"URARAKA! DODGE!" Ochako dodged to feel a small cut on her arm to notice the amount of power in the slash. "Water Breathing, 3rd form: Flowing Dance!" Tanjiro got close to the demon Kyogai before he altered the rooms changes in a faster method. This made things harder for Tanjiro as he felt his body being tossed and thrown around. This came to a bit of a head as Ochako was tossed into a side of a dresser and held onto it only to have it open and the contents of the inside come out, scattering on the floor.

"What the?" She grabbed one of the pieces with Tanjiro noticing them as well to glance at them.

"Is this, a novel?"

Realizing what they had, Kyogai began to get enraged and shouted at them. "DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH THOSE!" He sent multiple slashes at the two for them to dodge and avoid stomping on the papers. When given better footing, Tanjiro spoke up to the drum demon.

"You said you're name was Kyogai, correct?"

"Grrr. Yes. what of it?"

"Understand that no matter what you do is pointless. We will behead you without fail!" This comment brought Kyogai back to his knowledge of his past and how his sponsor basically told him the exact same thing about his writing. This pushed the drum demon over the edge to begin shouting.

"THEN LET'S SEE HOW YOU LIKE THIS RAPID FIRE DRUMMING!" He hit all the drums at an insanely fast rate with Tanjiro and Ochako struggling to avoid the slashes. While this happened, Tanjiro felt a rib he had broken shift out of place. In addition, Ochako started to twist her body in ways it shouldn't have gone with both now stuck before getting hit by the other in the forehead. Ochako held her head in pain before jumping out of the way to avoid a slash.

'There has to be some kind of rhythm to make this more easy to read.' Tanjiro regained his footing and breathed wrong for a moment to feel significant pain. But as he did, he noticed finally a bit of a pattern with his drumming. "URARAKA! WATCH MY BACK AND I'LL TAKE THIS ONE DOWN!"

"UNDERSTOOD!" Ochako didn't know what he meant by this, but went full force in while keeping her movements controlled due to her twisted ankle. Tanjiro went forward with the slashes from Kyogai keeping him from coming directly at him. However, he failed to see Ochako come near for her to spin her body as her blade cut upwards.

"Wind Breathing, Sixth Form: Black Wind Mountain Mist!" She sliced off both of Kyogai's arms to create an opening for Tanjiro to come right at the demon's head.

"Kyogai! Thank you for a hard fought battle! Your drumming truly was amazing!" He used a Water Surface Slash to cut through Kyogai's neck and have his head fall to the ground. Once free, Tanjiro unintentionally breathed in to have a sharp pain go right into his side with Ochako rushing over to check on him.