The Tenth Hashira

Izuku POV:

"Alright. I'm gonna ask this again. Why am I here?"

"To make matters simple, Izuku. You are here because we have heard of your feat and wish to offer you a spot in our ranks." Rengoku explained this for the logic to still escape me.

"But...there's already nine of you and the Hashira are always nine...I fail to see how I'm able to be a Hashira."

"Allow me to explain to you what will happen, Izuku." The master's voice was heard for me to turn and see him. I immediately adjusted my position to bow with my head on the ground.

"M-master. I-it's an honor to see you again. Y-you look to be very well today."

"Thank you for the complement."

"Master. Is what we were told true? Is this boy going to be part of our ranks?"

"Yes." The master turned to the pink haired girl and the guy with the snake. "Mitsuri. Iguro. Please tell us what you know of Izuku."

"Y-yes master." The girl Mitsuri turned to have her face everyone with the master in one side of her field of vision and the rest of us in her other. "Izuku Midoirya from what we heard from his crow is umm...he's half demon."

"Then why isn't he dead? Our job is to kill demons. I don't understand why he gets the right to be alive." I took one glance at the scared man to see something about him. He held several souls around him that pitied and wished for his own discovery of joy.

"The crow said that he isn't someone that harmed a single human and Shinobu could vouch for it in a way."

"It's true. We've suggested maybe trying to feed him blood, but Izuku ultimately refused saying he'd rather keep the humanity he has from not doing so."

"I'm not buying it." A guy to the side looking somewhat like he didn't want to interact said this before Shinobu smiled at him.

"Oh my, Tomiyoka. Are you jealous that Izuku is liked more than you among the Hashira? That jealousy won't make any of us actually like you any more you know." Shinobu said a somewhat blunt comment for it to worry me a little. "Anyway, Izuku is as human as he can get being the son of a demon and a human. He's not normal, that's for sure. But he's more loyal to our cause than anyone I've had the chance to talk to."

The Tomiyoka guy stared at Shinobu for all of us to wait for his comment. "I'm...liked."

'HE'S STILL ON THAT COMMENT!?"

"Well...I didn't know you thought you were."

"So the kid's an unflashy halfbreed. What makes him more special?"

"He is the son of Muzan Kibutsuji." The master said this for almost everyone to shout.

"WHAT!?"

"Kanae and Shinobu brought Izuku to me when he was little and explained who he was. I knew all along that he was our sworn enemy's son, but allowed him to become a Demon Slayer. I knew great things would come from Izuku at a young age. Not personally, but a feeling I can't describe. It was as if I knew he'd open up a path to the success we so desperately want."

"So you were Muzan's son all along. Truly remarkable my friend!" Rengoku didn't react as intently to this response for me to turn towards him.

"You...don't hate the fact I lied who my father was to you?"

"We all have that which we despise the most, Izuku. You knew our hatred for your father, so you withheld your lineage to spare my feelings. I feel a little heartbroken knowing you did not trust me enough with this information, but I understand fully you did not want to harm our friendship by saying the demon that helped bring you into this world was our sworn enemy." I felt some satisfaction hearing this for the master to continue.