Chapter 39: Phone Call

Sorry for late upload.
______________________________________
Dream POV.

The medical cot that George was laying on was uncomfortable. I knew, because I was laying beside him. He was looking up at me with cautious, wary eyes. The bed wasn’t designed for two people, the two of us had to hold one another close in order to make sure one of us did not fall off onto the lino floor.

Well it was more like I was holding him. His arms weakly curled around his chest and he appeared dazed. Even though I had administered the antidote a few hours ago he was clearly still loopy. In those hours though I managed to give him some food and water and put him in some of my own clean clothes.

While the three of us had all taken turns running to find food and clothes now that we had another chance. We’d stocked up on a lot more for dinner and whatever else we needed before retreating back here.

Karl and Sapnap had gotten some blankets and pillows which they used to make their own nest of sorts. Sapnap’s back was pressed against the wall and Karl was sitting on his lap. Their arms were wrapped around one another and they quietly made out. Neither George nor I paid them much mind as we all needed a way to keep entertained.

George squirmed around in my arms, letting out a gasp and I sat up. It made me worry about him, perhaps something was wrong. “Georgie,” my voice was quiet. His gaze darted to look over at me. “Is something wrong?” I noticed Karl and Sapnap pull away from one another, glancing over at us to see what was going on.

I was worried, thinking perhaps the poison was taking more effect. Instead he just grumbled, pulling himself away from me. “You’re too warm.” he complained, before stopping and rolling over. “And there’s not enough room and I want to sleep.”

“Okay.” I managed, he deserved to be able to rest on his own, and this bed wasn’t very comfy. I climbed off of him, leaving the bed however before I did anything I wrapped him in the blanket. As I was about to walk off a gentle hand grabbed mine. I looked back over at the brunette.
“Thanks Dream… I love you.” He spoke quietly.

“Just get some rest George.” I turned away, trying to hide my blush, Now Sapnap and Karl were fully looking over as I walked over and past them. “I’m going to go and try to find some food,” I told them as I left the room, not mentioning the fact that we already had stockpiled some of our own food which was already in the room.

When I was alone in the hallway I pulled my phone out. Back here we had signal, even if the rest of the park was shut down. It was a lot more weak than usual but it was still there. After sighing I went to my keypad and dialled 911, hoping that it would be able to get a signal so I could tell someone, anyone about the island to rescue us.

The world was quiet as it rang and I lifted it to my ear. From the window above the stairs I saw the sky. It was a deep near-black blue, open and full of the dazzling lights of stars. Aside from the ringing it was quiet, almost as if there was nothing on the island. There were no humans and no dinosaurs and no other creatures.

Someone answered, with the same script all emergency service workers started with but I cut them off. “Hi, me and three other people are trapped at Jurassic Park, please send help!”
“Sir…” the man on the other end of the line seemed uncertain. “What are you talking about? What is going on at Jurassic Park?”

It seemed as though they didn’t know about what was going on, so either Jimmy hadn’t told the whole world when they returned or he and his friends had somehow died on their way back to the mainland. I let out a sigh before explaining. “The dinosaurs have escaped, the power is all down and we believe that almost everyone else is dead.”

“Okay sir… I’ll pass on the information but I’m not sure we can do too much about it…” He typed some stuff up before hesitantly speaking again. “I don’t believe there is anything we can do but I have sent the information to a group of people I believe will be able to help.”
“Oh… okay then if you think these people can help.”

I was about to hang up, feeling a bit disheartened as I didn’t know if that meant I would be able to get off here any time soon. Perhaps the man I was talking to just said that so he could hang up and push this to the back of his mind, but much to my surprise he kept talking.

“Do you believe that you and the people you are with are all safe?” He asked. “Are you in a safe location?” i didn’t know what he was expecting to do if I said I wasn’t in a safe location, I mean after all I was on an island with hundreds of dinosaurs running around. The idea made me roll my eyes and sigh at the same time.

“Yes.” I answered. “We are in a safe location. We’ve been here most of the afternoon.”
“And what would that location be? I’ll take note.” The fact that he was wanting to take note made a spark of hope light itself deep inside of me. That meant he was possibly going to be sending someone soon to help.

With that feeling of hope beginning to boil I smiled. “We are at the staff building. The one down the road from the museum. Just a short way from the river” My explanation was quick and excited. “One of us has gotten poisoned and two of us have wounds that are possibly infected.”
“Alright, I’ll make note of that.”

“Thank you so much.” A smile grew on my face and after he responded I hung up the phone and it was just in time too. After a few moments the light completely disappeared as it died, leaving me completely in darkness.

It took a moment for my eyes to adjust. Somewhere in the hallway something was moving around. It was too small to be a big dinosaur, but it could possibly be a rat or a lizard or some kind of compy. That was enough temptation to send me back into my bedroom..

I slipped back into the room, making sure to shut the door behind me to stop any small creatures from sneaking in. Sapnap and Karl looked up to me and George was asleep. The couple were cuddled up next to each other, their making out over at least for the moment. When they saw me walk in here the two of them both looked over expectedly.

“Did you find anything?” Karl asked, I shook my head.
“I managed to make a phone call.” I told him, and both his and Sapnap’s eyes widened.
“You managed to make a phone call?” Sapnap asked.

“Yes.” I answered. “I called emergency services… they said there was someone that they could talk to about us being on the island. Perhaps however it is the guy was talking about would be able to get us off the island.”
“You think you can get us out of here?” Karl seemed hopeful.

“Hopefully.” I nodded. I settled myself down on the blankets beside them, since the last time I had been sharing the bed George kicked me out because I was too hot. “But it’s almost 9pm, nothing will happen tonight. Let’s just try and get some rest without the risk of being torn apart or bitten by something.”
_____________________________________
1355 words

So they have managed to contact the mainland.

Also only a weeks worth of chapters before the new story is out.