Chapter 32: Four

Hey it's like me. 🤪😘😎🥳❤️🦕🦖
______________________________________
George POV.

“Has it stopped?” I cautiously asked, not daring to move out of Dream’s arm out of fear that it would begin shaking again. “Are the earthquakes over?” The shaking had stopped but I was worried that it would begin again. Dream, Sapnap, and Karl all looked over at me, and seeing their expressions my hopefulness diminished.

“I doubt it.” Karl answered, shaking his head as he let go of the ravenette.. “They’re being caused by a dinosaur. It’s likely they’ll keep happening.”
“No dinosaur is big enough to cause earthquakes.” Dream answered, shaking his head.
“No natural dinosaur.”

Nobody spoke. Dream was focusing on me and Sapnap was focusing on Karl. After a few moments of trying to calm ourselves Karl spoke up. “We should probably head outside.” He muttered, something which none of us were particularly excited to hear.

“Do we have to go?” I asked. “It’s safer in here. There are no dinosaurs.” While I said that Dream stood up, beginning to grab some stuff and shoving it in the bag.
“The earthquakes are not safe.” Sapnap pointed out. “We could end up crushed, or trapped in here. We have a better chance against the dinosaurs.”

I glanced over at Dream, hoping that he would agree with me and give me support, but he just shoved some food from the minifridge into his bag before looking over at the people in the doorway. “I’m ready to go.” He answered, seeming uncaring about the fact that we were about to go back to the vulnerability we had outside.

“Dream…” I began, but I was ignored. Sapnap and Karl and Dream all just kept talking about making sure they had supplies and what their next plan should be. I felt as though I was being left out, it was made clear by them that I had no say in the situation and it annoyed me.

“Why don’t you guys go and grab your stuff, I will get George outside and we’ll see what is out there.” Dream offered, his voice monotone.
“What if you guys started heading down to the boat house?” Karl responded. “The path is off the side of the building, I doubt there are many dinosaurs there.”

The voices became muddled and I started to get annoyed, not even reacting with anything other than a gasp when the shaking started up again. Eventually I watched the group walking out of the room. It tempted me to follow after them but mainly out of annoyance, not because I wanted to go with them at this point in time.

The group kept tossing ideas back and forth as they hurried to Karl and Sapnap’s room. There was a sense of urgency from their frantic movements as both Sapnap and Karl began tossing stuff from their closet into bags they grabbed, seemingly not caring about how these objects looked or who grabbed what.

Sapnap even unshamefully pulled his shirt off to pull a fresh one on and give himself a spray of deodorant. Karl followed his lead. Dream and I turned away and the two completely changed, dumping their old clothes in the corner of the room since they weren’t going to come back here. The fact that all three of them had access to clean clothes made me envious.

None of them paid notice to the clear annoyance on my face. The two of them finished packing and walked over. “So where should we go?” Dream asked. “To the docks or just hide around out here?” He once again was paying me no attention, just looking towards Sapnap and Karl because of the fact they were familiar with this place.

In my boredom I looked out of the window, seeing the same scenery that was visible from Dream’s room, the same rolling glass and rocky mountain. The only thing that was different was the angle that it appeared. But there was another thing different. A sagging grey thing in the corner of the window, shifting slightly.

My brows furrowed and I walked around the group in conversation, none of them noticing or caring about me until I was by the window, since that’s when I let out a cry. My eyes widened as I stared up at a creature at least four stories tall. “George? What’s wrong?” Dream seemed worried. He wrapped his arms around me and looked up, seeing what I was staring at.

“Holy… shit.” He took a long moment as he looked up, seeing the same thing that I was seeing.
“What… what kind of dinosaur is that?” I asked, feeling cautious but hoping that he would know, since this was his job and I trusted him.

Sapnap and Karl joined us at the window, both staring up and seeing the same Godzilla-like creature. “That’s not a dinosaur.” Sapnap told me. “It’s some kind of carnivore but no carnivore is that big.” The creature dropped something from its jaws, a bloody carcass that belonged to a large dinosaur of some kind.

It growled, tilting its head and peering into the glass. Karl let out a gasp of fear, something much more closely connected than the rest of us did. Somehow through the glass the creature heard. The dinosaur let out a chattering noise before tilting it’s face, staring directly into our souls. “Shit.” Karl muttered, his voice uneven and broken.

None of us spoke. Just watching as the dinosaur’s pupil dilates and shifts slightly. “Stay still.” Dream told me, speaking quietly and with a calming voice. All that I could do was trust him, my hands holding his as we stared up at the dinosaur. But the dinosaur suddenly decided to strike, lowering its head and slamming it into the grass.

“Run!” Sapnap announced, in unison with the blond who let go of me and motioned me towards the door. Behind us glass was shattered, somehow not cutting any of us as we managed to slam the door of the room. The ground shook once again, alongside the rest of the building, seemingly emanating from the bedroom.

“What was that?” I asked, feeling confused as Dream grabbed my hand and began dragging me away to an exit. “You said that wasn’t a dinosaur, so what was that?”
“I’m not sure.” Sapnap answered, despite him talking back to me as he ran in front of me his voice was almost completely quiet.

“It is a dinosaur.” Karl answered, slowing down and glancing at all of us. “It’s something that Jimmy created. He wanted to sell it as a killing machine…” He paused for a moment. “I think that it is meant to be killing us.”
______________________________________
1126 words