Chapter 44: Copter

How is everyone going?
Also horray for Techno
______________________________________
Techno POV.

“Are you guys okay?” I asked, one arm caringly around a staggering woman. She was in a group with two other people, all of whom seemed rough. They also were carrying ripped bags of their own clothes or supplies.
“We’ve been better.” One of the men muttered, looking away.

They all seemed as though they were close to crying, while also on edge after what they had been through.  Although I had heard from Mr Donaldson about what was going on at the park I still couldn’t imagine it. The main street was destroyed after all, we didn’t even manage to land close to where these people had been hiding.

“I lost my Victoria.” The woman sobbed, her hand cradling her ring finger. “This was supposed to be for her birthday, she loved dinosaurs.”
“I’m sorry for your loss ma’am.” I said, bowing my head respectfully and keeping my tone kind to her and the two men.

I helped her step into the helicopter, where five other people were already crowded and room was running out. The two men followed without assistance, snatching up the two remaining, not even I had a seat but I made no comment about it.

When they were all in the helicopter I turned to the pilot and the navigator. “Is there any word from the other chopper?” I asked, my voice turning monotone now that I wasn’t trying to quickly comfort a passenger.
“It reported having found twelve survivors.” The navigator informed me.

“And we have eleven.” The pilot added on. “They also said something about spotting a large dinosaur which didn’t match the description of anything in the park.”
“Where was this?” I questioned. “What part of the park?”
“Near the boathouse sir. The place was apparently destroyed.”

“Okay.” I sighed. “According to the information given to us from essential services there should be four people left on the island, kept at the Central Staff Centre, down the road from the museum.” The pilot nodded. “Radio the other copter, let Colonel Awesamdude know I’ll try and make my way to the museum.”

“Won’t that be dangerous, General?” The pilot asked, sparing a glance over to me. “Being alone with dinosaurs prowling around, no backup?”
“It’s worth the risk to try and save these people.” I told him.

“We’ll do as you command, General.” The navigator nodded. “I’ll radio the mainland when we take off to let them know that we are on our way, and that we will need to make a second trip.” I muttered a ‘good’, and the navigator typed something onto the console in front of him. “ETA to the mainland is seven and a half minutes. ETA back at the island is eighteen minutes.”

I nodded before shutting the door at the side of the copter and beginning to walk off. The fury of the blades of the helicopter was something I was used to, it whipped at my clothing and my hair and stung at my skin. I ignored it though, just walking with my head down in the direction of the museum.

The main street looked nothing like the pictures, despite the fact that it only had been a maximum of two days since everything went down here, this place seemed a lot worse than you would expect. Rubble was everywhere, I had to step over bits of cement and ripped up plants, and a limp, lifeless body.

If they had any sign of life I would help them instantly, it was my training as a soldier (going on General) after all. But these people were beyond saving, crushed and disfigured. I kept my head raised to avoid looking at them and continued towards the museum, my hand ghosting over the holster where my gun was kept.

Probably just paranoia, but it felt as though something was watching me. It obviously wasn’t something small like a lizard or a bird, but I couldn’t see anything that might be putting my nerves on edge. With a low grumble my eyes narrowed, fists falling to my side with my movements, not following the more formal military marching.

George POV.

We were all getting impatient. It had been what felt like hours since the helicopter landed yet it hasn't come anywhere near us yet. In order to pass the time I reread over what I had written a few times. But eventually I gave up, deciding that I had done as much with my notes as I could and so I would pass it over to my boyfriend.

I folded the paper neatly, before holding it out to Dream. “Here.” I muttered, and when he cautiously took it he raised a brow at me. “Can you put it in your pocket, please?” I asked him.
The blond nodded and took the paper before quietly slipping it in his pocket. “Why are you giving me this?” He asked.

“Well I want to make sure people can see what I have been through.” I explained. “And I trust that you would be able to pass it to someone to publish it, just in case I don’t make it.” I was cut off from my thought process with a kiss. His hands gently guided the side of my face against his own, and I melted into it.

“Seriously?” I heard Sapnap scoff, tempting me to pull away. “We are on an island in a life or death situation and you two decided to make out in front of us?”
“You guys can go inside.” The blond told them. “We’d like some privacy.” He then turned back towards me and attempted to pull me into a kiss.

I shuffled away from the blond as he attempted to pull me back into a kiss. “Maybe we shouldn’t do this here, Dream.” I spoke softly to him. “We could be rescued any time now. We don’t want our rescuers to see us making out.”

“We aren’t even sure if a rescuer is coming.” Karl solemnly reminded us. “We heard the helicopter but they could be anyone, and could be going anywhere.”
“But after the message last night, they knew we were here.” Dream responded.
“So what’s going on then?” Karl questioned.

“I’m not sure.” The blond muttered, giving his head a shake. “But we’ll be alright, right? We’ve made it this far and we know that this place is safe. After all, the earthquakes have stopped.” The two guys we were looking at nodded, trusting what he said. But they needn't have, as a man with pink hair came breaking through the bushes.
______________________________________
1159 words

Important request. I need 15 user names for upcoming story and decided to use you guys cause I can't think of anything. So leave ur username here or a comment on why you'll be important to the story and I'll choose people.

Also two days till next story