Chapter 14

At night

Beomgyu was tossing and turning around his bed, not being able to sleep as his head was all over the place.

As much as he wanted to confess his feelings to the younger, his low self-esteem was making it difficult for him to believe that the younger might like him as well. He was very close to smashing his overthinking brain.

Gosh Beomgyu, stop fretting on it so much. He's Taehyun, remember that. Even if he doesn't reciprocate your feelings, he would never ever hurt you. Just confess your feelings already, do it!

But again, what if I won't be able to accept the rejection? What if it ruins our friendship? What if...what if he feels disgusted by me?

No...stop. You have no right to judge his actions without knowing what he feels. You know him better than to think so lowly of him.

Ugh...this is not helping at all.

The younger heaved a sigh of exhaustion as he stared at the ceiling, trying to calm himself down.

He grabbed his phone from the night stand and opened his gallery, going to that specific folder which was filled with memories of them together.

As he started swiping the pictures, he stumbled upon one of the pictures where the younger was holding a plate of pastry with a warm smile, looking straight at the camera.

"You're making me insane here, Tae."

Beomgyu stared at the picture for a while with a soft smile on his face, before locking the screen and getting up from the bed.

He went straight towards his brother's room and after giving a gentle knock he entered the room.

He saw his brother sitting on the bed, resting his back on the headboard, totally engrossed in a book.

Beomgyu closed the door behind him before climbing on the bed and sitting beside Soobin.

The blonde head closed his book and took off his glasses before keeping it on the night stand.

He turned towards the younger, now gently ruffling the younger's hair.

"Can't sleep?" The older asked.

Beomgyu shook his head in a no.

"Something's bothering you?"

The younger nodded.

"Wanna talk about it?"

"I don't know hyung...I'm confused. I have no idea what to choose. I'm afraid of ruining things up." Beomgyu said, bringing his knees closer to his chest while wrapping his arms around his legs.

"Hmm...if you're always afraid of ruining things up how are you supposed to move forward?"

"I know that if this continues, I won't be able to do anything in life but...but despite knowing about all these, I still can't seem to get out of this trap I've put myself into. It's hard. I feel like I'm stuck in a loop."

"Cookie, you're focusing too much on the "what ifs". That's not how things work. Yes, I know it's easier said than done, but you have to remember that you can't always back out on things just because you're not fully sure about the outcome. A lot of the time, no one is, trust me. Instead of regretting it later for not doing it, do it when you have an option to choose. If you feel like you're stuck in a loop, it's high time that you search for a loophole as well. And as long as you're determined about it, I'm sure you'll find it. Instead of saying "I can't do it", say "let's do my best for now and see where it takes me to." Life is full of unexpected turns, don't focus on predicting what might come in future, when we both know it's not in our hands. Hmm?" Soobin said, looking at the younger with gentle eyes.