Chapter 9

*The same night.*

Keeping the phone aside after texting, the blonde head caressed the younger's head softly, who was snuggled up against the older's chest

His brother finally fell asleep. For some time, he finally escaped his reality that was like a nightmare for him.

Soobin wanted to do so much for the younger, but was greatly failing at it. It seems the younger didn't just start getting over everything, instead he was bottling up everything inside him, and the older was so busy living his life, he forgot that his brother needed him a lot.

The hold on Beomgyu got more tight, as Soobin felt like the younger was melting away from him. He shivered at the thought of his brother going through all this alone. How scared and lonely he must have felt all this time. How helpless he might've felt all this time.

A lone tear escaped his eyes, trying to focus on the now warm figure he was hugging, as he slowly drifted off to sleep, hoping to protect the younger in his nightmares as well, if possible.

-TXT-

"Guys, what are you doing here in the morning?" Beomgyu asked, confused, staring at the three familiar faces.

"We came to hang out of course. I was missing you hyungie." Replied the brown head, as he went to hug Beomgyu, earning a small chuckle from the older.

"Didn't you meet me on the day before yesterday?"

"Yeah, and?"

"Nothing, did you eat anything kiddo?" Beomgyu said, ruffling Kai's hair.

"Do you think I'll eat anything when you're present here, and I can very well eat your tasty food?" Kai said, grinning.

"He's lying. He just ate two tacos before coming here." Said Taehyun, smirking.

Kai stared at Beomgyu, shaking his head in a no with a cute pout and big doe eyes.

"Cookie, did you eat something?" Yeonjun asked, gently caressing beomgyu's head.

It always made Beomgyu wander, how the older can make him feel so warm and homely, making him lean onto him more and more.

He was always so gentle and soft towards him that even for small things the older made sure to approach him with kind gestures.

"Nah, I didn't. Not yet. I was kinda busy with my project. Are you hungry, do you want me to make you all something?"

"Nah, you hang out with Tae and Kai, I'll go and cook something for us, and I'm taking this giant Bunny with me." Said the pink head.