Chapter 6

*The following scene takes place the same night, in Soobin's room.* (I don't want you all to get confused, so I'm mentioning it.)

The younger (Taehyun) was about to go to bed after washing up, when Soobin called him. "Tae, we need to talk."

Taehyun sat on the bed, facing Soobin. "Yep hyung, what's up?"

"You know I don't always interfere in people's life until and unless it's important, right?" Asked Soobin, his facial expressions turning soft from neutral.

"Yes, of course. What's wrong hyung?" Even the raven haired guy was confused seeing the older so serious.

"Are you really serious about Beomgyu?"

Hearing that, Taehyun's expression softened as well. A small genuine smile graced his lips before he replied, "Yes hyung, I really am." He slowly held Soobin's hand in a comforting manner before continuing, "I am gonna be honest here, at first, I had no idea about how much it's gonna affect me without his presence in my life, until it truly happened when I moved out from here. You know the feeling when everything seems alright but still there's something inside you that feels empty and you can't exactly pinpoint it out. That's how I felt at first, and guess what, I just ignored that feeling thinking that it might be because I moved out recently. I thought I was just feeling overwhelmed and nothing else. But as time went by, that empty feeling started getting deeper and deeper, as if something was piercing my heart away making it all empty and void. It was like one moment I was fine, living my life, doing stuff and etcetera, and the other moment I was trying hard to stop this emptiness within me. Then something striked me. I mostly felt this way, when I thought about Beomgyu hyung. It was like a mixture of everything. I felt content when I thought about his happy face, his giggle, his warm bear hugs, the way he effortlessly danced and blended with every music. And I felt that same emptiness whenever I thought of how far I'm from him, how long I've to live without seeing him, without his warm hugs, without his giggle, wi-without his- " he stopped midway as he was afraid of letting his tears fall.

Without wasting another second, the older securely hugged the younger, as he started caressing his head softly.

"I...I was really scared hyung when my mom told me that we have really small chances of coming back here and might shift there permanently. I... I was so scared of losing him, lo-losing you all." The younger was still trying hard not to cry. He wasn't the type to cry, really.

"Shh...you know I'm still here with you guys right? I wouldn't have let you face this alone, never. I would've done everything in my power to help you out Tae. I am sorry I asked you this question, I know you would never hurt Cookie, but as his brother I couldn't stop myself from worrying. I am really sorry." Soobin said, still caressing the younger's head softly.

"I know hyung, I'm not angry or upset with you asking this question, actually, thank you for asking me. Now that I've let my feelings out, I strangely feel light hearted and relaxed. You will support me right? That's enough for me to keep going strongly." Taehyun chuckled saying that, as he slowly pulled out from the hug.

"Of course kiddo, there's no doubt in it, but, stop being so shamelessly flirty to Cookie infront of me. I swear to God imma throw you out of this house in no time if you keep making me cringe." The older said, scrunching his nose.

"I dare you, try doing that and I'm legit gonna fix myself in this house, specifically in Beomie hyung's room, steal him from you in no time, and french kiss him right in front of you." The younger smirked.

"Excuse fucking me, what the fuck?! First of all, if I want I can easily pick you up and throw you out in a garbage bin for all I care. Second of all, he's my baby brother and I dare you to even think of taking him away from me and I'll personally bring hell to you. And last but not the least, I don't know about the French kiss but you'll surely kiss your ass goodbye in no time, cause I ain't letting you slip away from my grip kiddo."