Chapter 22

Vivian's P.O.V
We waited in the waiting room, nervously waiting for the doctor to give us the updates on Talia's condition. She has been in a coma for a week. As I sat there, I felt the urge to burst into tears again.

"I'll be right back." I said and walked out of the room.

I walked up to the roof of the hospital. What happened the last two weeks was just heartbreaking and something I can't handle after seeing. 6 of our friends are dead, and I killed Jason and Audri. I stopped in my tracks. I killed Jason and Audri. I killed them. Then, all the deaths that occurred the past 2 weeks hit me in the heart and I started to sob.

~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~

Talia's P.O.V
I heard Tobias' voice and the doctor's. But, I couldn't open my eyes or move a muscle.

"We've done all we can, all we have to do now is wait for her to wake up." The doctor said.

"Thank you." Tobias said.

I heard the door open and close. I felt someone take my hand.

"You're safe now. No one will hurt you anymore." He said.

It was Tobias. I remembered Ty telling me that. The resemblance Ty and Tobias has is crazy.

"But, you are an idiot." He said.

This bastard. I tried moving my arm to punch him, but nope, it didn't move.

"Who solves her own problems on her own like that? You could've been killed in a flash by your parents, stupid." He scolded.

Again, I tried to punch him, but my arm stayed by my side.

"But, even though you are an idiot, you are a genius, I'll give you that. The plan you devised against them worked." He said.

I stopped trying to move my body altogether. He kissed the back of my hand.

"If you were able to beat your parents, then you can beat this coma. So wake up soon, everyone is worried for you." He said before he let go and left the room.

Crap. My consciousness is slipping away. Before I knocked out, I heard him say "Make sure you protect her." before he walked away.

What is that bastard saying to protect me and shit? I laughed to myself and just like that, I was out.

~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~

Nobody's P.O.V
~In the waiting room~
Everyone was trying to stay positive, but the fact that they lost 6 friends was lingering in their heads. Then Kayla suddenly started crying.

"Kayla, what's wrong?" Emily asked comforting her friend.

"I-I lost my best friend, and...and someone I loved!" She sobbed.

Everyone looked at her, confused.

"Well, I can't keep it hidden forever, I....liked Carter. But now he's, he's gone!" Kayla sobbed.

"Who said who's gone?" A voice said.

Everyone turned at that familiar voice. Standing at the doorway was...Carter?!

"C-Carter?!" Kayla said, so shocked that she stopped crying.

He gave a small smile. He had huge cuts on his body and he looked as though he had broken a few bones, but he was there, he was alive. Everyone ran to him.

"CARTER!!!" They yelled crying tears of happiness and enveloped him into hugs.

After they pulled away, Carter said "I wasn't the only one."