Chapter 13

Vivian's P.O.V
"I have to go." I said sniffling the next morning.

Dana saw my tears and hugged me. I lost a family member, it was my cousin, Tiffany. I cried all morning. She was one of my best friends. My parents told me that she was murdered by an unknown guy.

"If you're leaving, I'll come with you to the funeral...and then you'll have to leave for the tour..." He said.

I hugged him and cried more.

"Our honeymoon was short, baby... But I'll see you..in two months." He said trying to smile even though I know that he didn't want me to leave him for two months.

Neither did I Dana, neither did I...We then packed our stuff in silence. After we finished, we walked out of the hotel where our friends were.

"You guys ready?" Jennifer said.

I nodded sadly. My friends hugged me, comforting me.

"You can get through this Viv. We are here for you." Kaila said.

I gave them a sad smile.

"You guys are the best. Thank you." I managed to say.

We all gave a group hug before driving off to the airport. When we got there, we were about to go in when we saw Tobias stop Talia.

She said "What are you doing here?" Suddenly, Tobias took Talia's face in his hands and kissed her.

We all looked at them, stunned, especially Carter. After he pulled away, he walked off, leaving Talia speechless.

She stood there for a few moments, then she said "Let's go." As if nothing happened.

~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~

~A week later~
"We are gathered here today to mourn for the death of Tiffany Le." The preacher said.

I walked with Dana and my family up to the alter. Right when I saw Tiffany in her casket, my heart stopped and I was on the verge of tears. How could this person do this to her?!

"We will now have some words from her family." The preacher said.

Her parents went up first, then her sister. My family came next. My parents went up and after the preacher gestured towards me. I slowly let go of Dana's hand before I walked up. I took a deep breath because I can already feel the tears coming.

"I.. I never thought that I would say goodbye to you like this." I stopped for a second, feeling the tears form.

I took a shaky breath and continued.

"Tiffany was not only my cousin, but she was my friend. She was one of the people I trusted most. I'll never forget the times we had together...the times we had fun....the times we cried...The times we fought...She was always there for me, but I couldn't be there for her...-" I stopped because I started crying.

Several people started crying with me. Dana quickly went up to bring me back to the seats. My parents, Tiffany's parents, my friends, and Dana were trying to calm me down but my tears wouldn't stop and I started sobbing into my hands. Why?

~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~

The rain started falling when we went to the cemetery for the burial. Dana opened an umbrella and held it over me, but I didn't even care if I got wet. I stared at my cousin's closed casket that was about to go 30 feet underground. She's gone. I can never vent to her like I used to or goof around with her anymore. I can't even fight with her. She's gone and I didn't get to see her one last time. My whole family and I were all in tears. Why? Why was someone so cruel to steal an innocent girl's life just like that? Dana linked his arm around my waist and pulled me close to him, kissing my forehead and comforting me.