Chapter 4

Harry's P.O.V

I rushed out to my Audi in the parking lot to see Xavier there waiting for me on the hood. This is not something I need right now considering the circumstances at the moment. As I approached my car a bit slower than I was before, I saw him twirl his thumbs. He looked a little innocent sitting there like that, but I’m curious as to what he needs. Picking up my pace a bit, he spotted me and his face lit up with a smirk grown from ear-to-ear.

“What are you doing here, Xavier? I’m in no mood for a beating; I’m actually extremely busy right now.” I explained with all the confidence I could ever bestow in front of anyone. He shook his head slightly and came closer to me. His breath smelt minty and hinted with smoke from a fag; let me tell you, it’s the worst combination in the history of bad breath! Xavier raised his arms to cup my face and bore his eyes into mine for a second before he started to lean in.

My mind was going crazy the whole time he was deciphering if he was going to do what I think he was. Does he really want to do this now? Does he even know what he is doing? Why is he being intimate with me if I’m his prey? Lord knows what he’ll do to me afterwards if we go through with this. I pushed the thoughts out of my head just as I felt a dangerous feeling sting my lips. I pulled away from him so fast that he didn’t even have time to process what had just happened.

I flung my body about five feet away from him as he snapped his eyelids open. Both of our eyes widened just at the sight of each other. I never found my bully attractive in the slightest and he made it clear that I'm just a fag. This all sort of makes sense though since he lives for my torture of pleasure I cannot get on my own. He began to speak, but I quickly shushed him then stepped closer to him. "If you ever pull a move like that again, fag, then I'll tell your secret to the entire school body." I threatened him and he nodded quickly before running off.

Coward. I don't even know how I got all that courage to call him that terrible name he has called me so many times before, but it felt amazing. With the adrenaline rush from the past event, I fetched for my keys out of my front zipper of my bag and started for the engine to start. Once I turned on the car, radio player, and adjusted my mirrors, I speeded home with a smile on my face. The radio is on 'The Hits: Chapter One' and my favourite song by the New Kids on the Block, 'Single,' turned on. My head bobbed back and forth to the song and it reminded me of Louis.

Funny enough the lyrics reminded me of something I could picture singing to Louis, but with a bit of a lyric change. In the middle of the song, I made it back to the house with mum sitting on the porch swing. Curious as to what she was doing, I hurriedly turned off the car to go see her. "What's going on mum?" She looked up at me distraught and tears were visibly stained on her cheeks. Mum was never one to cry unless someone angered her to the point of no return. Trust me to know something like that since I've been in that position before; let's just say I will never hide a pizza under my bed with soda ever again.

"Your father has finally decided that he is leaving us and for good this time. I don't know what I did wrong, Harry. Is there something wrong with me? What did I do to screw up so badly?" I pulled her into my arms to caress her back while she sobbed into my neck. The tears that trickled down my shirt were starting to dry and get itchy, but I sucked it up for mum. "Shhh mum, everything will be okay.

"Dad is leaving because he is a coward and cannot be committed to anyone anymore. Nothing is your fault, okay? You'll find a better guy someday who will love you for you and all your non-existent flaws you claim to have." We both giggled at the last part and she pulled away looking into my eyes. Out of instinct, I wiped the tears from under her eyes and kissed her nose. "I love you, mum. Never forget that, you hear me?" She nodded and pecked me on my cheek to thank me for being here for her.