1

"We call this planet Gaia, just another name for Earth really," Alexa says cutting her meat.

We all are currently having dinner outside, under the magnificent consolation of the stars. The weather is very nice, with cool evening air accompanied by a massive table full of food.

There is one moon in the night sky, the night is cheerful and filled with the sounds of chatty nocturnal insects and animals. Although there seems to be water and wind turbines, around the house are lightened by torches on the poles to keep the darkness at bay. This leads me to the question, are they primitive?

The cut of the house, their weaponry, and the lack of machinery are signs of it, but it's hard to believe a capable creature like Luxor and his children are less intelligent than my kind.

"So, Lev," That voice. My spine straightens as Mary's voice travels through the air to my eardrums. "Tell us about your planet,"

My eyes go straight to the round planets of her ch-—

I clear my throat instantly. How could she be so unbothered by what had happened a few hours earlier? Or is it me who's reading too much behind it? Perhaps they have a totally different culture than mine. For example, the food, I'm not particularly fond of meat, We Ter-Zenirian are more plant-based eaters.

"Relish is probably seven or eight times bigger than Gaia," I tell the table. They all are looking at me, the males are looking at me closely, trying to find a mistake in everything I do, looking for a reason to just throw me out of the atmosphere. Mary is looking at me with a twinkle in her eyes, she looks like she is plotting something fun, fun for her at least. I'm pretty sure whatever she is planning might cause the death of me.

"Everything is different," I add, the only eyes I don't mind looking at are Alexa's, she isn't judging me nor is she suspicious of me, "From the color of the sky to the color of the grass, the animals here are mostly bigger than where I come from,"

"How long did it take for you to build a spaceship?" John asks.

"Well, I didn't build the spaceship, my sibling did, I helped him with the technical issues, the software, the—"

"We know what technology means, thank you," Mary says flatly. "So what do you think of Gaia?"

Again the males are openly staring at me, waiting for me to say one wrong word as an excuse to just end my life.

"It's nice," I say looking at my plate. I started with the plant side dish and left the meat untouched.

"What's wrong with the meat, Lev? You don't like it?" Judas asks in excitement, feeling sure that he will find something to start arguing about.

Seriously, these people need some hobbies to relax. "The meat is great, thank you."

"Don't worry, we will help you as best as we can, we don't have much here, we like to live modestly and as close as we can to nature, but my sons are capable of many things, they can help you, right boys?" Alexa says looking at the males on the table.

They grunt an agreeing response, telling me the level of their excitement to participate.  

The rest of the dinner goes uneventful. Other than me kept trying my best to avoid any possible future chaos, I got to eat so I wouldn't be going to sleep hungry. And I need the energy, either to build a ship or to defend myself from possible future attacks.

I spent my time watching them conversing with each other. Alexa talks mostly, and Luxor doesn't speak much, but I noticed that when Lazarus cuts his mother's words Luxor squinted his eyes at his son, and the son shut his mouth quickly.