~Chapter Fifteen: "Why me?"~ Charles' P.O.V.

Monika was just taken by a monster in the night… And I couldn’t do anything about it… I really am useless… I slump to the floor covered in small pieces of glass and blood. Hot tears form in my eyes, and I let them run down my face. I clench my jaw and furrow my brow. “I’m useless…” I croaked, as I let the words sink into my heart. “Why didn’t I do more?...” I ask myself, but I don’t have the answer. The tight knot in my throat grew too large for me to speak any longer. I swallow, but the knot remains, and I whimper.
King Fredrick and his wife Queen Visha enter the room to see me sitting on the floor, sobbing. I’m so pathetic… “What in the world happened?! Where is our daughter?” Queen Visha yells. All I could do was shake my head slowly. They both grimaced, and became silent. It was obvious what had happened, and Queen Visha set her hand on my shoulder. “You must go back to your kingdom. It isn’t safe here anymore. We will try to evacuate as many people as possible to save them from the sickness.” She sounded stuck up and rude even when sad, and that’s what was surprising. King Fredrick helps me up from the floor, and escorts me to the front door.
“It’s time for you to go. There’s a carriage outside waiting for you. Farewell, Charles. Maybe when this sickness blows over, you and Monika can spend more time together.” He uttered, as he gave me a push towards the carriage. I got in, and watched as King Fredrick teared up as the carriage took me away.
When I got back to my land, my mother was there to welcome me home. “Charles! Welcome back my son!” She beamed, and hugged me tight. I still felt absolutely useless, and all I wanted was to go  to bed and get some rest. “Oh, a few things have happened while you were gone.” I tilted my head in confusion, waiting for her to continue.
“A new chef was hired, and he loves to make all of your favorite meals! I’d love for you to meet him. You can also tell him what else to make if you’d like. Also, there is a young woman that wants to see you. She wishes to serve you personally. There’s also---”
“Mom…”
“Yes, my son?”
“I’m tired… May I go to sleep now and deal with this tomorrow?”
She examined my face closely, with a soft expression. “Of course my son. Sweet dreams.” She then kissed my forehead and sent me inside. I walked inside of the palace, and went down the hall. I had to beg myself not to cry in front of the maids and butlers on the way. I open my door to see two maids in my room. One was digging through my drawers, and the other was hunched over a pile of my clothing. Are they… Smelling my clothes…?!
        "Oh! Sire, you're back!-"We were just uh, folding your clothes for you, your majesty!” One of the maids exclaimed. The other closed the drawer, and slowly began to approach me.
“I’m so glad you’re home safe!” She purred as she wrapped her arms around me. A strong cloud of perfume followed her, and I froze. I’m not sure why, but I can’t move a muscle. My entire body is tense, and I feel disgusting. She whispered into my ear and rubbed my back with her hand. “You’re so handsome. Anyone who had you would be a very fortunate person…” My heart begins to race, and beads of sweat form on my forehead.
I….can’t move!.... Run!... All I could do was sit there, frozen solid. Her warm breath hits my neck, and the other maid approaches.
“Don’t have all the fun.~” She "Don't have all the fun!" She pouts, as she swivels behind me.
"Do you remember us, your majesty?" The first one whispers, as she gently rests her lips upon my cheek. Beads of sweat roll down my neck and face, dripping off onto the floor and sinking into the collar of my shirt. I swallow a mouthful of saliva, and continue to try to get myself to move. The woman behind me runs her hand up and down my back, making me tighten up even more.
"You've gotten so much more handsome over the years, my prince." The one behind me mumbles, as she sets her hand on my left shoulder. Tears form in my eyes. What should I do?! Why can’t I move?! I’m so scared… Don’t touch me! STOP! I begin to cry, and the knot in my throat tightens.
Tears run down my face, and the second woman begins whispering to me again. “Ruth and Agatha, you remember?~ You were pretty young, but I doubt you forgot us.”
Memories flashed before my eyes, and they all came flooding back. I was shaking, and began uncontrollably scratching my own skin. All of the times those disgusting women touched me… I felt sick. Another burst of adrenaline plowed through me, and I managed to scream as loudly as I possibly could, and shove the woman in front of me to the floor. She grunts, and smiles sickly. “Come now, don’t be like that.~” The other woman, Agatha, wraps her arms around my stomach, holding me tightly. I dig my fingernails into her arms, screaming in horror.
“STOP! Don’t touch me!” I shriek as my voice begins to give out. My throat felt like it was bleeding, but I felt as if I needed to keep screaming; otherwise I might not live to see another day. “Why me?! Why must you do this to me? Just leave me alone!”
Agatha yelps in pain, and takes a few steps back, letting me go. My emotions were overflowing, and I didn’t know what to do at that point. My head began to pound, and my blood flow increased drastically. I grasp my head, and begin to hyperventilate. Hot tears were still burning my eyes and face, and falling from my chin.
I hear the door swing open and hit the wall behind me. Ollie comes in, panicking. "Are you alright, my prince?!” He shouted, attempting to catch his breath. He freezes, seeing Ruth lying on the floor, and Agatha gripping her arm in pain. “What happened here?” He asks, as both of their expressions go from squinting in pain, to very lustful faces.
I turn, making eye contact with Oliver, and I watch as a pair arms push him to the side with much ease, making him look as if he was as light as a feather. My mother comes through the doorway, making eye contact with me. “What happened?-” She then analyzed the situation, and scowled. “What are you two doing to my son?” She hissed, glaring at Ruth and Agatha.
“Your majesty, we have a perfectly reasonable explanation for all of thi--” Ruth began, getting up off of the floor. My mother cut her off almost instantaneously.
“Silence! Tell it to the judge when you get put on trial.” Two guards came inside and began escorting Ruth and Agatha out. They became silent, and Ruth leaned in close to me.
“Don’t worry my love, nothing will keep us apart forever.”