~Chapter Thirteen: Sweet Scents~

I awake in a meadow of flowers illuminated by warm sunlight. The only source of shade that was shielding me from the harsh beams of light was a small tree with skinny and twisted branches. There was a shadowy figure sitting next to me, and I attempted to blink away the fogginess of unconsciousness.
My eyes focus, and I see a woman with ginger hair and sapphire eyes. She had a long, flowing light blue dress on, with no shoes or socks. "Who are you?" I ask, staring up at her. She smiles, and doesn't reply. She looked oddly familiar, but I couldn't put my finger on where it was that I had seen her. I hum, and then notice that there was sunlight on me. I screeched and curled up into a fetal position, but the sunlight wasn't boiling me to a crisp at all. After sitting there for a few moments, I relaxed my body and took a look at my hands. They still had a grayish pigmentation, and no blood pumping through them. The girl was silently picking every other flower and doing something with them in the distance. I get up, and walk towards her.
"This is a dream... Isn't it..? Am I dead?... Are you the reaper here to take me to the afterworld?" I ask, and she continues to tie the flower's stems together in a dozen small knots. I sat down next to her and took a closer look at what she was doing. She stopped, and raised her creation to my face.
"Here." She made eye contact with me and held out a flower crown made of crimson chrysanthemums. I became quiet, and lowered my head. She smiles, and elegantly plops the weaved blossoms onto my head. The field of flowers turned red, and I smelled a sweet scent. Monika's blood...? No.. That's my blood... I look down and the little girl places her hand on my face gently.
"It's time to wake up now..." She says softly, as I sink into the soft earth.
My eyes open, and I look down to see the makeshift stake still lodged inside of me. My eyes grow cold, and I grip it firmly. I pull on it, and eventually it gives way. The feeling of small, sharp splinters inside a good sized hole through me wasn't the best feeling in the world. Though I have been through worse pain... I think so, anyway.
The stake dropped from my hand, and my hunger was almost out of control. Dark red blood oozes from the hole, and it ruins my white dress shirt. My eyes land on Monika, and I rush to her, grab her, and rush outside. She attempts to fight back, but I chop her in the back of the neck, causing her to be out cold and fall limp in my arms. I quickly took flight to the town square, though it was a bit difficult flying with a large wound and holding someone as well.
Once I got to the town square, the others weren't there yet. Ugh! Guess I have to go ahead. As I was about to just head back, another crypt member was turning the corner in search of prey. "Hey you!" I shout, and they look in my direction. "Tell Alilovic that I'm heading out with a blood bag." They nod, and I take flight. Every so often, my insides pulse, and gush out another large portion of dark blood. I cough, and more blood spurts out of my mouth. The bitter dead taste of my blood sickens me, and I grow very tired.
After all of my strength of getting us to safety, we finally reach the crypt. I groan, and push myself against the doorframe. Sin opens the door, confused, and I fall into him.
"You're bleeding!" He shouts, as he grabs my shoulders.
"Oh, thanks for telling me! I didn't know that half of my freaking organs were stabbed by a random guy!" I shout back, and roll my eyes. My mouth was watering to the point where it was dripping off of my chin profusely, and it took everything in me not to devour Monika.
"Come on in.." He said, and I shove him out of the way. I rush up the stairs, and quickly head inside of my dorm. I set Monika onto Sin's bed gently, and I pause before staring at her. She wouldn't mind if I took a little bit... Right?
"NO!" I scream, and slap myself across the face. I then stumble out of the dorm, and make my way down the hall. I start down the stairs, but I trip and tumble down them. Sin rushes over to me, and scoops me up. I groan, and he carries me back up the stairs. He carries me into the bathroom, and sets me on the toilet.
"Stay there for a moment." He says as he runs the bathtub on hot water. I begin to breathe heavily, and I look around desperately for some sort of sustenance. Hot steam fills the room, and I feel like I can't breathe fully. I start to cry, not knowing what to do other than to sit there and feel unimaginable pain. "You were running off of pure adrenaline until now, weren't you?..." He breathed, as he held his finger into the water. Once he makes sure it was safe for me to be in, he pulls on my tie, undoing it.
"Hey!- What are you--" He says nothing, and makes eye contact with me. I stay silent, and let him continue. Once he had gotten my clothing off, he scooped me up again, and placed me into the hot water. It stung an insane amount at first, but I got used to it, and as long as I didn't move too much in the water, it was numb. He grabbed the stained clothing from the tiled flooring, and exited the bathroom. I sigh, even though it was extremely painful, and begin looking around. There was a trail of dark blood all over the flooring, and many stains of red all over the walls as well. Sin has always taken good care of me, and I have always stood up for him. That's just how we worked.. I was the fighter, and he was the caretaker. Even though he never would admit it, I do think he's in love with me. I force a small smile, and watch as clouds of dark mahogany blood spread through the water.
Sin returns with a large gauze pad, lots of medical cloth, a bucket, and a mop. He began cleaning the floor, and I grinned. "Sin?"
"Uh, Yeah?"
"The moon looks beautiful tonight, doesn't it? I noticed it when I was flying."
"Yeah, I guess it does look quite beautiful.." He responds, a bit confused.
I smile, and rest my head on the rim of the tub.