~Chapter Three: Weakness~ Sin's P.O.V.

"I always knew you were the runt of the coven, but I didn't know you were this weak..." My mentor hissed. "Prove to me that you are worth keeping. Drink royal blood and I will speak with the coven to allow you back. If I'm being honest with you, I think you have hidden strength inside you. Do not disappoint me, Sin." He then flew away, taking the form of a small fanged creature. I sighed. "He's right... I hate being such a monster... But I can't afford to be soft this time... If I don't want to starve to death, I have to drink the royal's blood. I can't afford to be an outcast, I need a coven to help get me food." I think for a moment, and force my body to spread wings and take flight.
I am surrounded in darkness, yet all I can see is light. The starlight illuminates the night, and I smell something sweet. The scent allures me to follow it. This scent is much sweeter than my other prey. I hear the quiet pitter patters of a heartbeat, and I come closer. My prey is a female, and she's upset. I creep closer, and her heartbeat increases. Does she know I'm here?... I think, still creeping closer. "Is there someone there?" She asked, her voice quivering. Well, there isn't really a point in keeping my presence a secret now. She knows I'm here. I thought, and dropped down onto her balcony.
"What do we have here?" I say, gazing at her fair skin and short brown locks of hair. She gasped, and spun around to see me face to face. I smirk, thinking that this prey is going to be too easy of a task. I just need to drink some of her blood? This will be no problem! Her aroma was indescribably rich and sweet. I open my mouth slightly, and slowly approach her, still clinging to her scent. "My, I haven't smelled anything like you..." I mutter, about a foot away from her face.
She flared her nostrils and furrowed her brow. I was met with a harsh hand to the face. She slapped me, and she didn't go easy on me either. She kept beating me until I fell off of the balcony and into some vines, and to my luck, they didn't have thorns. I grunted, and my body ached. I guess it won't be so easy after all...
I flew back up, very cautious this time. She was still very scared, and very offended. She raised her fist at me, and I raised a hand, gesturing to wait a minute. "Wait, that came out wrong, I am terribly sorry. Let me restart." I said, in a slightly intimidated tone. She narrowed her eyes at me, and slowly lowered her arm.
I cleared my throat, and began. "Hello there, you may call me Sin. First of all, I meant that as a compliment... You just smell nice... Second of all.. WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?! THAT HURT FALLING FROM THAT HEIGHT YOU KNOW!"
She looked down at her feet, seeming to feel a bit guilty for doing so. "I'm sorry... But you were the one that came out of nowhere and told me I smelled good. Do you have any idea how creepy that is?! Also, why are you so pale? Are you ill?" I became silent for a moment, trying to think of a way to explain to her that I wasn't a human like she was.
"Well, you see, I'm not exactly your kind.. But I'm not exactly my own kind either..." I said, in a much quieter voice. Stopping to think about how I wasn't human, but I didn't exactly fit in with the others in my coven was depressing. I didn't really like thinking about it. She hummed. I think she might have got what I was trying to say, mostly because she didn't run away screaming or continue to beat me to a pulp.
We sat in silence for a while, though that silence was shortly interrupted by the muffled speaking from one of the doors in her room. "Wait here for a moment please. I have to attend to someone's issues." She said, slightly irritated. And so, I wait patiently for her to return, left with only my thoughts.