~Chapter One: Not Interested~ Monika's P.O.V.

My name is Monika Holland, and I am next in line for the throne of the Midal Kingdom. Let’s just say I’m not the most lady-like royal in the world… My stepmother wants to disown me and my father has said to the maids behind my back that he has no hope for me left. He wants to marry me off to a very rich prince, and little does he know, I am not interested in such things as marriage. Sure, I would probably fall in love with someone in my life, but I wouldn’t appreciate it if my father married me off to someone I have never even met before. Of course, I’ve tried to explain this to my father, but it always ends up in a fight between us.
I’m sitting at the dining table with my father and stepmother. I debate saying something, but I’m not sure what there is to say. I begin to fumble around chunks of rare, juicy steak with my silver fork, making quiet thumps on my plate. My stepmother snaps at me. “Monika! Stop playing with your food and eat it like the distinguished lady you are.”
I jump, startled from her sudden raise in voice, and stab the meat. My eyes dart from my plate to my father a few times before he chimes in. “Well, I have some wonderful news… I have found you a nice suitor that I think you might like. Not to mention, he's stinking loaded.” I roll my eyes and begin to make a quick remark, but he cuts me off. “Now, I know you’re very picky with whom you enjoy the company of… And only the gods know how many preferable suitors you’ve gone through. But, hear me out. He would really like to meet you. And I’ve told him a lot about you, and he still wants to meet you. So, you will give him a chance. And that wasn’t a request.” He said, keeping eye contact with me.
I narrow my eyes at him, and take a deep breath after a long death stare. “Fine, but it’s his own fault if he doesn’t survive our first meeting.”