~Chapter Twelve: The Outing~ Ren's P.O.V.

Headmaster Alilovic began when we all were outside by the front gate. “Alright children, your mission is to spread our power as subtly and as quickly as possible. I suggest alleyways being an easy target. We will meet at the town square by 3:00 a.m. and head back together. Please make sure you---”
“Question!” I shout, and raise my hand.
“Yes, Ren? This better be important.”
“It is!.. If I were to find some cute uh- I mean- If I were to find some blood bags for myself… May I bring them back?”
Alilovic sighs, and places his hand on his forehead. “No, not this again. I forbid it.”
“Awww! Not even one?” I pout, pushing out my bottom lip.
“Fine. Just one. But only if you do extremely well in your mission.” He rolls his eyes, and glares at me. My fellow red ties glared at me as well, and one even started crying. I smirk, and take flight.
“Don’t you worry, I’ll be the best at the mission out of everyone!”
“Wait! You aren’t supposed to leave yet- Oh, whatever.” Alilovic shouts at me, and waves me off.
When I finally shook off the others and reached town, I stopped flying about 20 feet in the air. I landed hard in a pile of trash in an alleyway. To my absolute luck, a woman was passing by at that moment, and she saw me hurt and in the dark. She ran over to me, and cradled me in her arms. “Oh my goodness! Are you alright? Who did this to you?” Perfect~ I think, as I groan, and cough a few times.
“Are you an angel…?” I whisper to her, and place my hand gently on her face. She shakes her head, and continues to ask what happened. “Are you sure…? ‘Cause you look like one.~” I whisper, as I pull her in close. I then quickly sink my teeth into her skin, and she flinches. Of course, I was perfectly fine, but it was a good start for my mission. She falls to the ground, unconscious. I guess she couldn’t take it… I think, as she begins foaming at the mouth, and twitching.
I attempt to make my way out of the alleyway, but I fall limp on the ground. Ugh. Great. I broke my ankle. I then crawl over to the woman, and hold her down as she twitches. I quickly lick the blood expelling from her neck, and my ankle snaps back into place. I feel the bone rapidly fusing back together inside of me, and I hiss in pain. “Hate it when that happens.” I say to myself, as I get up off of the ground. I dust myself off, and wipe the blood from my face onto my tie.
I rush to the neighboring building to my right, leaving the scene without any witnesses. “May I come in?” I ask, and the bartender nods. As soon as I enter, the large number of people there stop and stare at me. A saloon? I broaden my shoulders, and walk to the counter. A large man on my left narrows his eyes at me. “Are you sure you want to be in a tough place like this, pretty boy?”
I scoff, and make solid eye contact with him. “I doubt this place is all that tough. And I’m not your ‘pretty boy’.” He scowls at me, and swings. I duck under his arm, and quickly slug him in the stomach with all of my strength. He wheezes, and puke flies from his mouth and over me. He falls to the ground, gasping for air, and I shake my wrist. “Told ya.” I say, and wink at him.
A woman with a large scar across her face approaches me, and smiles. “You just took out the head of this place. Good job, but he was my husband.” She says, as she motions to the bartender for a drink. I smirk, and grab her hand.
“Does that mean you’re mine now?”
“Hah, no.”
“What’s that scar from? It’s from your husband, isn’t it…?” I ask, looking closer at her face. She nods, and looks down. I raise her head by the chin, and I whisper to her. “He won’t touch you ever again. I promise that.”
I then walk back over and kick the large man in the groin. I smile at the woman, and leave the saloon.
1…2…3… I turn around, and she’s there. “Why’d you do that for me?...” She asks, confused. I sigh, and look towards the sky.
“I guess just instinct.. We all have our scars.. Some deeper than others.” I then walk down the street, leaving her in silence.
Alilovic swoops down and stops me when I turn the corner. “Go join the others. You are needed as back-up for the others in the palace.” I say nothing, but take flight towards the palace. Alilovic hides, and I look down from the air. The woman with the scar across her face turns the corner, and he comes out of the shadows. I hear them mumbling, and watch as he pulls her in and bites her. She begins to thrash wildly, and my heart sinks. The worst part was that I couldn’t scream otherwise I would attract unwanted attention; as well as being punished by Alilovic.
Her glossy eyes met mine as she thrashed in his arms, and I had to swallow the knot in my throat and keep going. I was struggling to fly, because my eyes were watering.
I couldn't handle it anymore, so I fell onto the closest balcony. I felt as my knee snapped the wrong way, and I yelped. I bite my tongue and try not to scream and cry out in pain. I roll over and see through the glass door a young girl with a handful of clothing in her arms. Our eyes meet, and she drops her clothing. She rushes over to the door and opens it, covering her mouth. “Please… I know you’re scared… But please.. If you would be so gracious to lend me some of your blood… I won’t hurt you..” I say, tears falling off of my face.
“Promise.”
“What?..”
“Promise you won’t hurt me if I give you my blood.”
“I-.. I promise.. I’ll give you anything- Just hurry..” I say, fighting back the pain.
She then sits down next to me, and extends her wrist. I look up at her with gratitude in my eyes. “I’ll be gentle, and I don’t need too much.” I quickly use my fingernail to make a small slice in her skin. She flinches in pain, but she stays as still as she can. My lips then caress her skin, and I use my tongue to put pressure on the cut, slowing the bleeding. My mouth filled with scarlet sweet blood, and the taste was a thousand times sweeter than my normal prey. I removed myself from her before I got addicted to her, but I couldn’t help but try to get her to be closer to me. “Thank you ever so kindly..” I say, as my leg makes painful crackles while fixing itself. She makes a worried expression, and looks down at her wrist. It was still bleeding a bit. “Ah- here.” I tear off my sleeve from my uniform, and wrap it around her wrist. Making sure it was tight, I double knotted it.
“Thank you…” She says, as I watch her face turn red. Does she like me? Maybe I can convince her into coming back with me.
“Now then, what did you want in return? I must repay you for lending me your blood.” I say, leaning in closer to her.
“I- I don’t want anything in return..” She says, leaning back.
I stand up, and take off my overcoat. No sense in keeping this if it’s ruined. I’m not Sin after all. I adjust the sleeves of my white collared shirt, and continue. “Well then. I’m going to go now…” I say, and turn around.
“Wait!”
“Yes, Darling?” I say, looking back at her slowly.
“Uh- How did you do that?”
“What do you mean?”
“You just healed a very gruesome broken leg. How did you do that? Was it my blood?”
“If you let me inside, I’ll tell you.” I say, smirking.
She thinks for a few minutes, contemplating. “Well, you promised not to hurt me, so I guess it’s fine..” I enter her room, and look around. I found a picture of her and her family hanging from her wall. I grab it, and take a closer look. “Hey! Don’t touch anything!” She shouts, and rips it out of my hands. She then places it in her luggage.
“Feisty. I like it.~” I mutter, as she continues packing her bags. I grab her by her waist and arm and pull her in closer to me. “C’mon.. Let’s go.”
I feel her entire body tense up, and her face was practically a tomato with as red as she was. “W-what? Go where?!” I spun her around to where she was facing me.
“Back to my place. It’s safe for you there. But you’ll have to be referred to as my blood bag.”
“Blood bag?! I’m not a blood bag!” She huffed.
“I know, I know. It's just so that the others' suspicions are taken care of and they won’t devour you.”
At that moment, a man with blonde hair entered the room. “Monika, are you ready to go yet--- WHAT THE-- WHO ARE YOU?!” He breaks into a panic and starts shouting at me. “WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE AND WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO PRINCESS MONIKA?!”
I hissed at him, warning him to back off, but he didn’t seem to get the hint, and approached us. I let go of Monika, and pushed the man with all of my might. I need to make this quick and get away. I think as he falls into a small table, breaking it into pieces. He grunts, and Monika screams.
“NO! DON’T TRY TO FIGHT HER, CHARLES!” She shouts, as he rolls over to attempt to get up. I turn towards her once again.
“Come on, we have to go now. It’s not safe here. The others will be here soon.” I held out my hand for her to take, but she backed away from it. She looked scared…
Sharp pain suddenly pierces through my back and out of my stomach. I slowly looked down to see a splintered table leg that had been lodged through my abdomen. My heart begins to race, and I begin to gasp for breath. I fell to my knees, for my legs became weak. I managed to get out a small “ow…” before falling to the floor.
Monika covers her mouth, and starts to cry. The blonde man circumvents me, and starts to speak to her. I can’t hear anything but muffled muttering as a variety of colors dance around the sides of my vision. I feel the cold darkness of unconsciousness grasp me, and I fall helplessly into it.