~Chapter Four: Guilt~ Monika's P.O.V

I was trying to think of words to say. Should I comfort him? How would he like to be comforted? Why would I comfort a stranger that appeared out of nowhere on my balcony? Should I ask him to leave? Would that be rude? He is dealing with a lot right now… Do I let him stay? I’m not sure… My thoughts were interrupted by knocking on my room door, and I heard someone beginning to speak. I sigh, “Wait here for a moment please. I have to attend to someone’s issues.” Sin tightens his lips and I head inside to listen to the person on the other side of the door.
“Monika? It’s Charles. You skipped dinner tonight… Was it because of me?.. I apologize, but if you don’t wish to be with me I will go…” He said softly. Man, now I am going to feel bad if I tell him off now… I hum.
“No, it wasn’t because of you… It was just that I wasn’t hungry… I’m sorry if you felt that way. And you’re welcome to stay as long as you’d like.”
“...I see. I’m glad that you’re not against the idea of me staying here… May we take a stroll through the gardens tomorrow?”
I thought for a moment, leaning against the door again. “Well… Sure..”
“Great, meet me at the garden’s gate by 10:00 and we’ll have lunch together by noon!”
I hear excited footsteps running down the hallway, and to the guest room. I sigh, thankful that he didn't hear Sin on the balcony… Or rather, off of the balcony…
I turn around to see Sin standing right behind me, his mouth gaping open. He had large canines… Much larger than normal… He had this somewhat worried expression, and I don’t really know how to react to him other than startled. He quickly shut his mouth and swallowed his saliva, seeming to be fighting himself on something. I begin to feel afraid, not knowing what his next move would be. “Are you alright, Sin?..”