~Chapter Seven: Spoiled~ Charles' P.O.V.

I got a letter from a king in a far away land. My butler read the letter to me, even though I was perfectly capable of reading it myself. "To Prince Charles Grieves, from his Majesty, Fredrick Holland. Hello there young sir, I am writing this letter to you because I am looking for a nice suitor for my beautiful daughter, Monika. She is a very feisty one, I admit. Though she has a big heart and would really love to meet you. She's currently 16, and I am willing to marry her off to the highest paying suitor. Please reply to this letter post haste if you are interested." My butler pulled out a photograph of her as well, and handed it to me. "This young lady really is gorgeous, don't you think, your majesty?" He said, looking at the photo with me. She's a year younger than I am. I hummed, thinking about whether or not I should reply. "Ollie!- Y-yes, she is quite pretty." I said, flustered that he said such a thing. He grins playfully, and I avert my eyes.
      "I'll see her…" I say, staring at the shiney picture of her.
I have always had a problem with people of all genders and ages being unconditionally attracted to me… It is the main reason why I haven’t ever had anyone by my side. Ever. So, I am very nervous to meet this new person, and it is much harder for me to imagine marrying her. If I do end up developing feelings for her, I will consider possibly having her at my side. I cannot promise I will feel anything towards her… But there is only one way to find out if I would like to consider her.
My mother entered the room without me even noticing her. She moved swiftly, and quickly realized what was happening from the butler. She let out a shrill screech, and scared me half to death. I began screaming along with her, feeling the need to be scared… For some reason… “Soo, do you like her?” She said, ignoring my high pitched screaming.
I hummed. “Maybe… I can’t say for sure though because I haven’t met her yet, and I don’t know what she’s like at all.” Her eyes softened, and she began smiling. “I’m glad you’re thinking about all of those things first, and it’s your decision. But most importantly, I’m really glad you’re starting to come back to yourself again after the incident… It’s about time.”
There was a long, awkward silence when she said those words… And I could tell she was thinking back on it. After a while, she seemed to snap out of her daze, and continued. “Anyways, I hope you two can get along well.”
I don’t particularly know why she had to bring the incident up again, but I thought about it until that night, and it kept me up. Flashbacks of my childhood began shooting through my brain, not letting me sleep for hours.
Maids behind me in the halls, whispering about how spoiled and immature I am. my classmates in school telling me how stupid I am. And the main thing… I was kidnapped by unidentified women and had terrible and disgusting things done to me for weeks on end before being released onto the streets. I was found by a couple of butlers that were shopping together, and was returned to my mother. She was crying, and for me, well, I didn’t really know what I was feeling… I was filled with so many different emotions. Fear, guilt, sadness, relief, but overall, I felt so incredibly numb that I couldn’t do anything but have a blank face. The night was restless, and full of only my deep thoughts.