1 6

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

✩ ✩ ✩

Following her reminiscence of the previous nights conversation with Finnick, the now nine scoring tribute awoke on interview day with a rather newfound positivity on all this ghastly time she was forced to spend in the Capitol.

Even had she made the effort to in remembering the names of her prep team: Andromeda, Livia and Aire - of whom she would be spending much of the later afternoon with, preparing for her interview with Caesar Flickerman.

However, for the time being, both Odelya and Apollo were sat in the main quarters with Tarquinia, being taught rather unnecessary information. Proper etiquette was not such a commonly taught lesson within the classrooms of the District's schools.

Apparently, there was a correct way in which they should act in quite literally every sense. Smiled should be small if you are a lady, as though not tor receive marionette lines in her young age.

No loud laughing, if the situation arises in which such an action is needed, then it is needed in the form of a giggle, which reflects innocence which the audience will absolutely love.

What is also important is to learn exquisite posture, of which was the cause of great amusement to Apollo - a man's etiquette was apparently not quite as important as a woman's - as he watched his District partner strut around the room like a peacock with a book placed delicately upon her head.

To add to the hilarity of such a situation, Odelya was forced to do all of this in the highest of heels known to mankind - for a respectable woman would know how to manoeuvre herself around in such shoes under any circumstances.

Following such a gruelling lesson with their District's escort, her presence was thankfully replaced with that of Finnick and Mags - who would discuss strategy and content with them for their later interviews.

Apollo was up first, which gave Odelya a chance to momentarily relax. His approach would to be one of arrogance and strength, which would bode well for him considering the circumstances of him being a tribute. Finnick thought that such an attitude would be of no hardship for him, apparently their amicability was only temporary and now they were back to bickering as thought why were little children.

Under no circumstances, was Apollo to reveal to true reason for his volunteering for Reign. If asked he must answer with the same reason given by all careers, he wanted to bring a great level of glory to his family and his District. The lovestruck boy of whom was besotted with a dead girl would not go over well with the Capitol's people.

On the other hand, Odelya's mode had been carved in stone in the moment she was dubbed the Capitol's Siren. A beautiful seductress found in the depths of the fishing District, who had enamoured Capitolites in just the few weeks her existence had been apparent to them.

Before she could recognise that Finnick's eyes had not left her once since he had entered the room hours prior to this, her prep team had whisked her back to her bedroom, in order to prepare herself physically for her fast approaching interview.

Immediately beginning their work, Odelya had every section of her body being worked on by an individual Capitolite. Andromeda worked on her hair, creating a slicked back look and braiding the length of her golden waves tightly. Weaving pearls throughout and adding a delicate headpiece, which looked as though it could have been pulled out the depths of the oceans as it was adorned with seashells.

Her nails were painted with a beautiful cerulean blue by Livia and coated in a layer of a sheer pearl colour which she assumed would match the aesthetics of her dress and makeup.

Correct was she in assuming this as Aire began to create a makeup look which could compete with the most precious pieces of ancient artwork. Her eyelids were coated with colours identical to her nails and pearls were adhered in the place where would typically display a sharply drawn eyeliner.

Then came the time for her dress and Odelya was instructed to carefully close her eyes just to increase the suspense of finally getting to see Selene's newest creation.

Stepping into it, she could feel a similar material to that of which she wore at the tribute parade and at that point she couldn't resist viewing her reflection in the ornate mirror which stood in front of her.

It was all her teams doing, of course, but she was their muse and boy did she look the part. The dress was something quite captivating, despite being far more revealing that Odelya would personally have opted for.

The corset was a sheer white, of which you could half see through and there were two beautifully decorated seashells placed to cover her bust. A breathtaking skirt was made up of the same fabric as her sleeves and created the essence of a swirling ocean embedded with gold hues. Perhaps if she stood in one spot for too long, the material would pool around her feet to look as though she were floating on waves.

Now, Odelya considered herself to be a rather modest person, but in that moment she had no words to describe herself other than ethereal.

Her innermost thoughts were mirrored though, by a certain boy of whom she had yet to notice had sneaked into the room without the permission of Tarquinia or her prep team.

Finnick merely fuelled the smirk which rested on Selene's face, "You are truly the prettiest girl in the world, my darling mermaid."

✩ ✩ ✩

Please vote, comment and share.

I love you to the stars.