0 8

CHAPTER EIGHT

                                       ✩ ✩ ✩

Pain. It overwhelmed her. Causing shivers to be sent down her spine and therefore tensing all the muscles throughout her body. Blinding her vision, she attempted to grip her hands onto the steel table of which she was pinned to.

Poor Odelya's suffering knew no bounds, her aching limbs tried to pry themselves away from such tormentors. Fresh wounds leaked spots of blood onto the operating table, and she was in a state of agony.

A throbbing headache emerged, as such harrowing discomfort overcame her, the inability to escape created such worsening symptoms. Her now hairless legs were riddled with red irritation and her tightened hands cramped.

Such torturous affliction, it made her body writhe with an intense soreness. How cruel could the Capitol be? Not only were they sending her into an arena of death but now they were just ripping the hair from her body from the roots and plucking any that the burning wax could not reach.

Minutes prior, she had been introduced to a team of three, meant to prepare her appearance for the meeting of her Capitol stylist, whispered said she went by the name of, Selene.

What was unbeknownst to Odelya, is the whole point of this painful ordeal? A lowly girl from District Four being primped and plucked into a stunningly beautiful Capitol lady.

Everyone in this abhorrent state looked exactly the same - ridiculously extravagant makeup was painted onto both the men's and the ladies faces and such the length of their eyelashes looked as though they would cause the wearer to take flight.

Odelya was half lifted into a sitting position so that her perpetrators could trim down her golden waves to an even length and then immerse her hair into some magical conditioner which softened her hair and scented it like roses.

Fingernails were trimmed and filed into an almond shaped and layered with a pearly blue colour which seemed to make them grow at an extraordinary rate. Meaning that the prep team would have to repaint her nails before the end of the session.

Her skin was exfoliated and shaved to remove any single hair that was left behind from the waxing and the plucking. Following this she was scrubbed and showered like an animal and then she was moisturised with a comforting lotion.

Finally, the preparations were over and lead was she into a slightly smaller room adjacent to the table were she previously lay and she was sat onto an slightly larger and exaggeratedly more comfortable table, this time padded with softness rather than made of coldening metal.

Alone was she left, to her own thoughts and she examined the room as to which she solely inhabited.

Tall mirrors surrounded a circular platform which Odelya assumed was where her stylist would dress her, opposite to which stood a table covered with the most beautiful and luxurious makeup she had seen it her entire existence.

A small swivel chair was rested next to the bed where she was sitting and paintings of men and women adorned with the most stunning of colourful fashion pieces hung upon the wall to her left.

If such pieces were designed by Selene, Odelya would most certainly be made into some sort of ocean princess before her certain death. Hoped did she that the dress would be sea green, for it were her most favourite colour as it reminded her of her loving home.

Thoughts like these were interrupted by the opening of a rather creaking door and in stepped a woman dressed in a silken gown of the deepest shade of lavender and the highest heels known to man - yet she seemed to walk as though they were nonexistent.

Her hair was twisted into the most beautiful braids which were enhanced with an array of purple flowers which mimicked the makeup look decorating her features.

Her eye makeup was of an intricate floral design, and her eyelashes were rather excessive; but seemed to accentuate her natural beauty. A deep purple colour was painted onto her lips and a similar tinged blush was layered upon her cheeks.

There was a beauty in the room and she went by the name of Selene.

"Good morning, my dear," Selene spoke in a honey toned voice.

"Good morning," Odelya responded in a rather intimidated manner, of which she knew not why.

"No need to be nervous, I'm not here to hurt you. Merely just to make you look even more beautiful than you already are."

"I'm not sure what magic you have to do so, but please do try," she giggled softly.

"Oh my dear, you have the beauty of a goddess," Selene responded, gently lifting a wave of hair off of Odelya's shoulder and placing it behind her head, in a way of aiding the study of her facial features, "All my job is to enhance your natural appearance."

Selene had a sense about her, Odelya was unsure as to what it was, but compared to other Capitol women, such as Tarquinia, the stylist seemed to have earned the girls respect. Perhaps it was in the way she carried herself, with confidence rather than arrogance, and in the manner of which she spoke to her tribute, with kindness and comfort rather than in a patronising tone.

And so, Odelya placed her full, yet slightly fearful, trust in her talented stylist, the two ladies go to work in creating the most perfect masterpiece that would come to be known as the Capitol's Siren.

Not that she was overly comfortable with being referred to as such, much did she prefer being Finnick's pretty mermaid.

✩ ✩ ✩

Please vote, comment and share.

I love you to the stars.