1 4

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

✩ ✩ ✩

Everyone had reunited in the shared quarters after both Apollo and Odelya's evaluations, and they anticipated both eagerly and fearfully their score reveal. A higher score would guarantee them a range of sponsors, yet it would also make them a target of the other tributes attacks.

A lower score would similarly make them a target, but in the sense that they were so weak they could be picked off before they ever even reached the Cornucopia. However, this time they would not receive as many a sponsor.

The two tributes' entourage sat on either side of them on a rather expensive cream sofa, which stretched the length of the way around the magnificent sized television.

Tarquinia sat furthest from her, jabbering away excitedly about her newest tributes and their extraordinarily impressive performance over the past few days and how she was nothing but certain that the both of them would receive a twelve as a score. Odelya, on the other hand, was not quite as optimistic.

Both Selene and Apollo's stylist, sat on either side of the two mentors, smiling slightly at Tarquinia's enthusiasm, despite this they sat in silence, patiently waiting for the evaluation result.

The most important together those sat around the two nervous tributes were their two mentors. Finnick sitting to the left of Odelya and Mags to the right of Apollo. Her golden sunlight her hand tightly in an act of comfort and reassurance, of which was the highest level of communication that Odelya could participate in at that very moment.

Finnick, was as silent as the thoughts of which whirled around in both of his tributes' minds. Therefore, not at all. He spoke, like Tarquinia, of his newest tributes wonderful values - specifically Odelya - and the fact that one of them was surely to be in the winning position.

Out of the blue, with a great lack of a warning, the national anthem of Panem blasted through the speakers of which were connected to the television - this was an introduction to the anticipated arrival of the score reveal.

Of course, District One came first, with Romulus achieving an unsurprising eleven and his counterpart, Orla, scoring an equally impressive ten. For the other half of the appreciated career pack, Mars scored a ten as did his district partner, Pansy.

District Three had less spectacular scores, both of which attaining a seven, which despite not living up to the standards set by One and Two, was still rather wonderful.

Now, it was time for the fishing District's scores to be reveal to the public population and both tributes joined hands as a gesture of solidarity and support.

The Capitol taken tribute photograph of Apollo Loire flashed up onto the screen which a large number being displayed below it. Ten.

Apollo had received a ten in his evaluation. Oh, how wonderful. That almost guaranteed his future success in the games, for a multitude of reasons, this greatly warmed Odelya's heart as if said score was achieved by herself.

Following this, the rather beautiful photograph of Odelya Castellan appeared as expected onto the television, with her score revealed underneath. A majestic nine.

Such number ran like a stunning melody through her mind. She had achieved a nine. Her excitement at both hers and her partners scores had been matched at an identical level with those joining her in such a room.

Both her and darling Apollo would receive a grand array of sponsors which such scores of which they had both received. Perhaps they had a chance in the arena, after all.

Jumping up in joy, District Four's team danced merrily around the room in celebration of their success. Odelya latched onto Apollo, hugging the older boy of whom in such a short period of time, had become something of an additional brother to her.

After sharing a warm hug with Mags, she turned to face the sun, whose smile could light up any room. He looked at her with such admiration and enthusiasm that it warmed her heart even more so than if she were to have been in the present of the actual sun. He had always been the singular cause of such emotions being expressed within her.

Patiently waited did they, to acknowledge the scoring of the female tribute from District Twelve. Odelya prayed for little Florence to secure herself a score of the same worth as she had earned herself.

A rather adorable photograph of the little girl flashed onto the screen with a number beneath it of which caused an even greater joy for the two tributes than the scores which they had received themselves. A seven.

Their celebrations lasted into the night, happily dancing around the room until pure darkness had overcome the sky and Tarquinia ordered for the two of them to go to their respective bedrooms and get a decent rest before tomorrow, where they would both be prepped for and complete their interviews with Caesar Flickerman.

Instead of complying with such demand, Odelya retreated to the training centres roof, which displayed such a grand view of the rather astonishing Capitol. Needed did she a moment to digest all of the overwhelming experiences which had happened to her in the past couple of days.

She wasn't alone on the roof, however, as a certain golden mentor joined her only moments later. Odelya had the slightest of an idea as to why he had joined her on the roof that evening but as she felt his presence behind her, she turned slowly and smiled brightly at his appearance.

✩ ✩ ✩

Please vote, comment and share.

I love you to the stars.

𝔞𝔪𝔭𝔥𝔦𝔱𝔯𝔦𝔱𝔢 ✩ 𝔣𝔦𝔫𝔫𝔦𝔠𝔨 𝔬𝔡𝔞𝔦𝔯जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें