2 7

CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN

✩ ✩ ✩

Miracles came forth in such a rarity, for they were an expression of love for God's favourites in the midst of irreversible darkness. Invitations from the most divine, immersing one's soul with such a deep light and sense of wonder which is foreign to the everyday man.

Dreadful moments caused for the greatest intervention from immaculate spirits, for they had immense control over the universe that mere mortals could not even begin to fathom. Occurrence of such situations were so horrendously common during the course of Odelya's existence and never once had a divine presence significantly altered the outcome of an event.

Speaking of terrible feelings which Odelya was much too familiar with, grief was a common playmate of the Siren's. An emotionally draining dance between light and darkness, the victor would seemingly take control over her very soul and being.

Loss was just so painfully frequent in the delicate household of Castellan, beginning with the givers of life for the young and followed almost immediately after by the slaughter of their replacements.

Intelligence was a constant source of self affirmation for Odelya, and she considered herself to be within one of the highest realms of such a concept. Of course, with such great knowledge influencing her life, Odelya was unfortunately aware of the ever growing reality that if she were to return to the only kin of whom shared her identity, then flowers would need wilt and soldiers would fall down to a course of destructive onslaught and kings need fall from their pedestals.

Yet, for the Siren to return to her brother with sound mind and spirit such events could not occur by means of her own hand, nor by want of her own being.

Regaining control of her ever deteriorating subconscious, Odelya suddenly became increasingly aware of her surroundings.
Specifically of the flower blossoming beside her, of whom cuddled her from her very own sleeping bag, which was near smothering her.

Secondarily, of the heroic soldier who had lay it all on the line for the flower and now lay in the carcass of a slaughtered animal, which never stood a chance against the king of whom attacked him.

Hunting was the kings means of suppressing the deep torment his mind was dancing with, due to the loss of his beloved ally the previous day.

Insignificant sounds of broken sleep came from the carcass as dawn broke, which caused Odelya immense fright and dreadful bodily pain

Emerging from her sanctuary of restlessness, she tentatively began a seemingly endless struggle through the downpour of snow. When in her nightmare of a reality, it was only a mere few steps.

"Apollo," Odelya called just as she was about to reach his sleeping place, careful not to alarm to waking flower.

As expected, there was no response.

"Apollo, darling," Odelya murmured ever so repeatedly in elevating sounds, disregarding caution and care for little Florence's break of morning.

Opening the warming covers of the solider with a gentle hand, Odelya was welcomed with the state that Apollo had been patiently awaiting to be given. The sight was something of which Odelya had been dreading since she first came to the frozen lake where they lay to rest.

Finally time was it for Apollo to sink to the ocean's floor, for he had been reunited with his love, Melody, once more.

Tears ran marathons down her beautiful face as it contorted in the pain of grief, Odelya shook the body of her dead brother as though it would call forth the presence of a miracle to reawaken him.

No such miracle would occur, for the only way Apollo would have survived the night would be if Finnick had delivered medicine from their sponsors via parachute. Not for a lack of Capitol gifts did such a delivery never occur and in that moment, Odelya felt not warmth of sunlight upon her heart.

Finnick had allowed for Apollo to die.

"Odelya," Florence mumbled, as she followed the Siren's footprints through the snow, "Why are you crying?"

"No reason, darling," Odelya stood quickly, attempting to shield her from the darkened sight of which she had been met with that morning, "No reason at all, why don't you go back to bed for a while."

"Is Apollo awake yet? Florence asked timidly, despite her naive age she was sadly aware of the state her beloved brother was in at that moment, for she had been the one tending to him before Odelya arrived, "Apollo."

Odelya allowed Florence to push her aside, for her innocence was to be stolen and there was nothing anyone with a heart could do to prevent it.

Florence's heart bled through her eyes and any lasting peace which remained in her being was now stripped and hidden away forever. Cuddling into Odelya's side, just as she her done in her slumber, Florence cried for the fallen soldier.

Sinking down the frozen floor, the two girls could have cried for hours, if it weren't for the return of Blaise to be met with their misery.

After returning Florence to her place of rest so that she could sleep away the demons which haunted her daytime, Odelya and Blaise carried opposite ends of the reindeer carcass, which had now been transformed into a coffin, over to their fishing whole.

As he joined the place where Clementine had fallen, Apollo was buried in the manner of his people, not even the Capitol could steal that away from him, even in death. Finally, Apollo received his greatest wish, and in the sky he danced with his love again.

"Give them my love, darling."

Only flowers need wilt and kings need fall for the Siren to be reunited with sunshine and sailors.

✩ ✩ ✩

I am so sorry for the long hiatus and I am even sorry to say that there will most likely be another month long hiatus as I am sitting my GCSE's now. Thank you for all the continued love for baby Odelya and I hope you enjoy this update.

Please vote, comment and share.

I love you to the stars.