~CHAPTER THIRTEEN~HENRY'S PAST~

"Dudeeeeeeee", Malcolm whined as he laid his head on the table, "I don't want to study chemistry anymoreeeee."

i sighed shaking my head,

"But you need to complete the syllabus.", i said, "Mister Stephen will be taking a test tomorrow, you know."

"But it is sooo Bohring.", he exclaimed, barely able to hold his laugh, "Puns intended."

I just stared at him blankly. Suddenly, a melodious laugh resonated from behind, prompting me to turn and confront the handsome face that had haunted my thoughts throughout the day.

"That was a great joke, Mal," he said, offering praise as I glared at him.

"'T'was not," I countered. "He should not disrespect Sir Niels Bohr like that; his experiments on the atom were i-"

"We don't want to hear it, mate.", Malcolm said, covering his ears in a very dramatic manner, "I think you've fried my brain enough for one day. Plus, I have a date with my girlfriend."

"Then you should also be on your way," Henry suggested Malcolm, planting a kiss atop my head and embracing me from behind.

"Where are we doing today?" I inquired, nestling my head into the crook of his neck and closing my eyes.

"EWWWWWW PDA!", Malcolm gagged, covering his eyes this time, "Get a room, you guys disgust me."

"Sod off, mate.", henry said to Malcolm, who was now pouting.

"Alright, I will 'sod off'. Goodbye," said Malcolm, as he quickly rose and exited the room, stumbling twice before he could leave us to our solitude.

"We're on our own now, McDonald," Henry declared.

"Don't even think about it, Henderson," I retorted with a smirk.

He just smiled, looking over at me as I packed my books.

"I need to tell you something," Henry said suddenly, his gaze dropping to the floor. "It's about what happened at my previous school."

"You don't have to," I began, my voice trailing off as I realized I would be encroaching on his privacy.

"I want to," he interjected, his gaze finally meeting mine, a silent understanding passing between us.

henry's pov:

two year ago

My name is Henry Lowell,
and I am sixteen years old.
I attend an all-boys boarding school. I've always known I was a bit different from most of the other boys.
Recently, I've come to understand that my difference lies in the fact that I am attracted to boys,
a trait not widely accepted here.
I struggle with this distinction;
I fear the repercussions if my secret were to be revealed.
However, everything changed when he appeared.
He shares my secret, and I suspect I might have feelings for him.
Our story began in the refectory of my old school.

"Hey," he said, settling beside me, "I'm Max."

"Hi," I replied, a bit awkwardly.

"Ugh, Henry!" one of my teammates blurted out, "Stay away from him, he's gay!"

Another teammate feigned disgust, prompting laughter from the rest.

I bit my lip, offered Max a sympathetic glance, and turned away.

My brother was watching from across the room. I had a feeling he'd always known about my orientation, yet he never broached the subject.

"You did the right thing, steering clear of that guy. he's a faggot.", Oliver, my least favorite 'friend', commented.