~CHAPTER THREE~INFIRMARY~

"Alright, folks, today we'll be revising human geography," announced Mr. Nicholas Koffman, our geography teacher, as he peered over his glasses at the textbook, "Please turn to page number 215."
I let out a sigh, questioning my decision to enroll in this class. Geography had never piqued my interest.
The only reason I considered it was because Henry, who excels in the subject, had joined. However, his absence today, due to a practice session Mr. Koffman mentioned after my persistent inquiries, left me questioning again.

As I turned the pages, a sudden sting drew my attention to my hand.
The unmistakable metallic scent, the vivid crimson hue—it was blood.

Panic took hold, and then, all was engulfed in darkness...

3rd person pov"Mister Coughman!" Malcolm screamed upon witnessing his best friend's dire state, "He's bleeding sooooooo much

3rd person pov
"Mister Coughman!" Malcolm screamed upon witnessing his best friend's dire state, "He's bleeding sooooooo much. He's dying. Good Lord, do something, Mister Coughman!"

The brunette teacher quickly rushed to Carter's side to assess him, then turned to Malcolm with a heavy sigh.

"It's merely a paper cut," he declared. "However, given his state, I'm taking him to the infirmary. Malcolm, summon a substitute."

As he pinched the bridge of his nose and shot Malcolm a stern look, he corrected, "It's Koffman."

With that, their bespectacled teacher escorted Carter to the infirmary.

"Nick!" Stuart exclaimed as he spotted Nicholas entering the room. "You've got to hear this, Carter boy has a crush o-" His words were abruptly cut off by Stephen, who let out a curse upon noticing Nicholas's companion.

"Bro..." Stuart scanned the figure from head to toe, searching for injuries. "What happened to him? Did Henry guys snog him or something?"

"We should probably check him over," Stephen interjected, his concern evident.

"Papercut," Nicholas muttered, his fingers pressing against his nose.

"Hemophobia," Stephen and Stuart declared in unison, their twin intuition in perfect sync.

"Should we let him rest here for a bit?" Stuart proposed. "I have a plan."

The suggestion brought grins to the faces of the others.

~time skip~

"AND HE CALLED ME COUGHMAN, CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? I'M NOT PAID ENOUGH FOR THIS!" Nicholas exclaimed, throwing his hands in the air and sighing as the other two chuckled.

"Ahem," a voice called from the doorway, drawing the attention of the three men.

It was Henry Lowell, blood dripping from his face.

"May I come in?" he asked with a smile.

"Henry," Nicholas greeted, "please, come in."

"We need to patch you up," Stephen said as he hurried over to Henry.

"Uh, Henry, we only have one bed and Carter is occupying it, so if you don't mind," Stuart paused to gesture towards the bed before continuing, "sharing it?"

"Sure."

A look of relief passed between the trio, and Stephen went to assist Henry with his injuries.

"Alright, now I want you to rest here, okay?" Stephen instructed, and Henry nodded.

"We'll be back soon," Stuart announced as he ushered the other two out with him.

Once the trio had disappeared from view, Henry gently bent over Carter's still figure, a smile gracing his lips at the serene expression on the sleeping face.
He couldn't resist running his fingers through Carter's sandy blond hair. Being near Carter McCoy always filled him with joy, and despite the intense pain he was enduring, Henry felt a deep sense of gratitude for this solitary moment with Carter.
A ticklish sensation fluttered in his stomach, coaxing a small smile onto his face.

At that moment, Carter began to awaken, yet Henry remained still, his hands undisturbed.

 As Carter's eyes fluttered open, he was greeted by the sight of Henry's smile; he lay beside him, close enough to touch, gently caressing his hair with a tender smile. It all seemed like a dream.

Carter gazed at Henry through rose-tinted glasses, a sense of anticipation building within him. Suddenly, the unexpected occurred.

 Henry began to lean in closer, prompting Carter to shut his eyes, bracing for what might come next. However, instead of the anticipated gesture, Henry moved his lips near Carter's ear and uttered a whisper,

 "You have dandruff, dude."