~CHAPTER ONE~NICKNAMES~

Carter's pov
Greetings everyone, I'm Carter McCoy, the unique blend of a nerd and an extrovert from Robert's High. Reading is my passion, especially topics on science—I absolutely adore it, along with mathematics. At this moment, I'm seated in my first class of the day: science class, which happens to be my favorite, taught by my favorite teacher. And so, ladies and gentlemen, our story commences.

"Today, we are going to learn about energy," announced Mr. Stephen Bennett, the teacher. I sat there, chin resting on my palm, gazing at the board with a lack of interest—I already knew this.

"Excuse me, sir," came a deep, unfamiliar voice from the doorway. My gaze shifted toward the sound. A boy stood there—tall, with raven-black hair and eyes even darker, his skin kissed by the sun. Oh. My. God.

"You must be Henry Lowell," he nodded. "Please take a seat next to Mr. McCoy over there," the teacher directed, gesturing towards me.

Drat.

"Good morning," he greeted as he settled into his seat. "I'm Henry Lowell."

"Morning," I responded, a bit clumsily. He offered a smile and then turned his attention to the teacher, who was already deep into the lesson. Meanwhile, I found myself unable to look away from him.

What's going on with me?

The moment the bell chimed, I hurried out of the classroom, eager to meet up with my closest companions, Malcolm and Susan.

"Have you seen the new guy?" Malcolm inquires as I join him and Susan. Susan shakes her head, and I remain silent.

"I heard he's quite attractive," Susan comments.

Malcolm rolls his eyes and swiftly changes the topic.

"How about hanging out after school?"

"Absolutely," Susan responds with enthusiasm, "What about you, Carter? Are you in?"

"I don't think so, Sue," I reply sheepishly, "I've got to tutor some juniors."

Glancing down at my imaginary watch, I add, "Well, I'd better hurry. I'm late for my next class," and then I dash off.

"Hello again, McKay," the very same voice I was trying my best to avoid said from behind my seat, "we meet again

"Hello again, McKay," the very same voice I was trying my best to avoid said from behind my seat, "we meet again."

"For your information, it's McCoy," I said, my face turning the red of a tomato.

"Fine, whatever McDonald," Henry said, smirking.

"Leave me alone, Hender," I snapped.

"Aww, are we starting with nicknames already, love?" he said, while I just glared at him and tried to concentrate on the teacher, still feeling his chocolate brown eyes staring at me.

This year is going to be something...