~CHAPTER EIGHT~ MALCOLM'S PARTY~

CARTER'S POV:

"What am I supposed to wear? Red doesn't suit me.", I whined

My room looks like a mess now, I think it looks worse than Malcolm's house. I wish I knew what Henry is going to wear. I am already running late... so I quickly grabbed the shirt that my mum kept for laundry, a blue one from Allen Solly and I went downstairs. I was in a rush so I accidentally slammed the door behind me and all my mum had to say, "Careful, sweetie, the door's from Australia, you know?"

I didn't realise but it was the door that my brother sent from Australia and my mum adored it.... First child privileges, you know?

At the bus stand, as I was waiting for Henry and Cooper

At the bus stand, as I was waiting for Henry and Cooper...Mostly Henry. I saw Susan at a distance waving at me, heavily dressed, high heels, red lipstick.... Gosh! She's so extra... I waved back at her, clearly embarrassed. As soon as the distance between closed in, she started gossiping about Abhishek and mysterious stories which I did not at all believe were true. Right then, I felt a cold hand on my shoulder and as I turned, I was stunned... it was Henry but he had a green plaid shirt on! Can you believe it!!!
He looked so charming in that shirt that I could hear my heart pounding so loud so quick, behind him was Cooper wearing his usual shirt and a sweater, waving at me.

Henry didn't say it, but I could still hear it.... the same-old-Henry "Hey". But he didn't quite say it, he was still, smiling at me, not grinning. He looked
upon my face with gentle warm eyes that I thought he was going to kiss me-
But then he said,

"Dude, you have some shaving cream on your face."

I grew self-conscious and rubbed my face off in a hurry. Now that! think about it, his eyes were rather normal. He smiled as he shook his head and wiped it off my face. Beside us, I could feel Susan's stare piercing my back and giving us looks. I pushed henry and took Cooper's hand instead in embarrassment.

And then mister Stuart parked his Porsche rather roughly...nobody knew where he got all that money from...

"Yo, bro", he called as he advanced towards us, "Hop in, folks."

And we speeded to a Chinese restaurant.