|| 𝚂𝙸𝚇 ||

"No! Nuh-uh!"

"No! Nuh-uh!"

Y/N flailed her arms around, desperately trying to stop the Traveler, Paimon, and the bard from actually infiltrating and stealing the Lyre. "You can't steal the Holy Lyre der Himmel! Miss Barbara will be devastated if she finds out!"

"Y/N, I'm the God of Anemo. I'm just taking what's mine for the mean time! Don't worry, I'll return it once the job is finished." Venti whispered quietly as he walked past her.

"Even so!" She reacted quickly, pulling on the boy's cape. "No one knows that! In other people's eyes, you're just a bard that's stealing the Holy Lyre der Himmel!"

"Please, please Barbatos." She said through a hushed voice. "I'm trying to be better and responsible! Unlike before, I'm finally getting the hang of things! I don't want to mess things up and become useless again...!"

The Archon stopped, staring at the girl with genuine pity in his teal eyes. He sighed, holding the hands of the foxian. "Y/N, I need the Lyre to stop Dvalin. And I understand that you're just trying to do your job, but I'm also trying do mine. Let's make a deal. I'll take the Lyre and I'll make sure that none of this will be your fault."

"B-but-"

"Please, Y/N. Let me help my friend. He needs me."

The girl sighed heavily, gripping the hands of the Archon. "You better keep your end of the deal. I don't want to be in trouble..."

The boy's teal eyes lit up and with an eager nod, he shook her hands. "You got it! Thank you, Y/N."

"Ooh are you coming along Y/N?" Paimon suddenly butted in. The fox shook her head. "No, I have work to finish here, a-and I'll be a burden if I do come along. Best of luck, Aether, Paimon, and Venti."

"Thanks Y/N!" The three replied in unison before descending to the lower part of the cathedral.

"Well, that's new." Tail materialized in front of the girl. "I thought you were too much of a doormat to actually refuse anything." It snickered, earning a huff from the girl. "Oh, be quiet. Do you only come out when you want to make fun of me?"