|| 𝙵𝙾𝚄𝚁 ||

Despite not knowing how to fight and the voices in her head telling her that she'll just be a burden to everyone else, Y/N - and of course, Tail - accompanied Aether and Paimon to meet up with Kaeya at the Temple of the Wolf

"You've arrived." Kaeya greeted. "Come closer. Can you smell that?"

Aether sniffed, shaking his head. "...I can't smell anything."

Y/N did the same, sniffing the air. Her ears perked up slightly at what her nose picked up. "Is... Something happening inside the temple?"

"Oh? It seems you have heightened senses, just like an actual fox." Kaeya looked back at the entrance of the Temple. "I imagine there will be slimes, Hilichurls, and... Whatever is giving Stormterror extra power."

"W-will it be dangerous...?" Y/N asked.

"Don't you fret. As bustling as it may be, I can't imagine it will be dangerous at all. Let's head in, everyone." Just like yesterday, they entered the temple with the goal of clearing it out.

"Hm, if I'm not mistaken, the end of the temple should be up there." Kaeya pointed off in the far distance. "Be careful Y/N. With that Heliobus sealed in you, you have more chances to attract monsters, like moths to a flame."

"H-huh?! Why didn't you tell me this, Tail?!"

"How would I know anything about that?!"

"A minute doesn't pass by without these two bickering." Kaeya remarked with a small sigh. "Come on, let's do this quickly."

After defeating a group of Hilichurls, Kaeya asked; "Traveler, unless I'm mistaken, you don't seem to have a vision. So how exactly is it that you're able to channel elemental energy?" Paimon merely and vaguely describes it as a 'strange occurrence'.

Continuing further into the temple, they finally reached the end of the path. A wind current conveniently awaits them.

"C'mon, Y/N." The blond once again offers his hand to the girl.

"T-thank you, Aether..." Gripping onto him tightly, the two of them flew upwards, while Tail and Paimon followed behind.

A few more monster fights and an ice bridge later, they arrived at their destination. Just like yesterday, there was a rock that glowed a bright teal.