26. <3

Sorry guys I have been sooo busy with uni, but I recently rewatched heartstopper and I'm obsessed again!!
Nick's POV
We finally arrive in Hawaii. This is my first time ever being in part of the United States. Hawaii is beautiful, but I can't stop staring at the even more beautiful thing to the right of me. Charlie must notice this because he turns around to me and gives me a quick, soft peck on the lips. As he leans back to his seat in the car he whispers into my ear, "What're you looking at, love?"

"Mmm you know the palm trees, the ocean, ...maybe you." He gives me another kiss and as he backs away he lets out a soft giggle. We have been together since my year 11, but his giggle has never once failed to make my stomach knot up with butterflies. He's adorable.

Charlie's POV
We park the car and we are headed down to the beach. Usually I would be worried about taking my shirt off and people seeing my scars, but oddly enough I'm not. Nick has seen my scars plenty of times, and he's the only one I care about. As our feet submerge in the hot, dry sand Nick starts taking his shirt off and I can feel the blood rushing to my cheeks. I try to stay far enough behind him that he can't see my incredibly embarrassing blushing, but he notices it anyhow.

"Char? Are you blushing?" He says pulling me by my hand into his chest.

"What?! No?!" I say, but Nick and I both know I am lying. My head drops onto his shoulder and we both just stand there laughing for a bit. We start setting up on the beach, laying our towels out, putting our umbrella up. Nick applies his sun cream, but of course can't reach his back. I gladly assist him with that though ;). He lathers sun cream all over my face in a disgusting manner, but it's sweet that he doesn't want me to burn.

"Would you rather go in the water, or just lay here for a bit?" Nick asks me as his fingers are stroking the back of my hand.

"Water for sure. It's too hot to stay up here." He nods and I know I need to take my shirt off now.

Nick must notice I look stressed because he leans in and whispers, "You're beautiful love, and if you want you can wear your shirt into the sea." He gives me a gentle kiss on the cheek. I know my worry is stupid because I know no one is paying enough attention to me to even notice my scars and if they do there's a high likely hood they do not care.

I slide my shirt off slowly and yell, "Race!" as I start running down the beach into the ocean. Nick runs after me, but his unfair headstart allowed me to win. "I've always been faster than you." I say as i wink at him jokingly.

"Yes you have my love." Nick says while leaning in to what looks like kiss me, but instead he picks me up and shoves me underwater. I grab his neck and drag him down with me. We both come up laughing and soaking wet.

Nick's POV
I think the beach is my favorite place to go with Charlie. I love hearing him laugh, and he seems to do the most of that when we are at the beach. We are probably the most obnoxious people at the beach since we are splashing each other, screaming as we dunk each other under water, and make out each time we come up. I don't care though. Charlie and I live in our own world when we are together. The only thing that matters is us. That may sound self absorbed, but I don't know how else to explain my love for him. I need to stop thinking like this because Charlie noticed every time. He sees that I'm in a deep thought and takes the opportunity to take advantage of my vulnerability. He jumps onto my back and I fall underwater with him on top. We come up and I can't stop staring at Charlie's perfect head of dark curls. I grab the end of one of his beautiful curls pull it down slightly and let it go. I just watch it recoil back into its original perfect shape. "Excuse you?" Charlie proclaims.

"You know I love your hair what did you expect?" I ask him out of genuine curiosity. Charlie laughs. His laugh must be contagious because I start laughing too.

"I love you," Charlie says this to me a lot, but something about the way he just said it makes me want to explode. I scoop him up and carry him all the way back up to our towels that are laid out in the sand. I gently lay him down and then I lay down next to him. He puts his head on my chest and my arms automatically wrap around him out of reflex. It's almost like we have done this before. He quickly falls asleep, and I just spend the next hour staring at his beautiful, perfect face. I love him more than I ever knew I could love anybody.

926 words

I hope you guys like this chapter!! I'm going to try and write more often now. Please keep voting the chapters!! Thank you guys for all of your comments I loveeee reading through them!!!