15. <3

Nick's POV
I wake up and Charlie was missing from beside me. I heard water running and noise in the bathroom so I get out of bed and walk over. The door is shut so I gently knock on the door. "Char what are you doing?" I ask. No reply. "Char?" No reply. "Charlie what is going on in there?!" I start panicking. Again no reply. "CHARLIE I WILL BREAK DOWN THE DOOR!" I am really starting to worry. I hear a click. The knob starts to turn and I see a small opening beginning to form. I see Charlie sitting on the floor in a puddle of a red fluid? It hits me. I know exactly what it is.

"What do you need Nick?" Charlie asks from inside the small crack of the barely opened door.

"Charlie may I come in?" I ask. He doesn't know I've seen the blood. "No," he replies.

"Charlie I need to come in. I need to make sure you are okay." The door begins to open slightly more. I enter the bathroom squeezing through the gap barely big enough for me to get in. I sit on the floor beside Charlie and notice the razor blade beside him that has been detached from its handle. "Charlie look at me," I say patiently. His head slightly raises so that his eyes meet mine. "May I see your wrists?" I ask. "I'm not mad I promise I just want to make sure you are okay." He pulls the towel off from around his wrists and holds them parallel to one another. I see the cuts. They are long, but they aren't deep. I grab the cloth and dampen it with warm water. I start gently tapping the cuts hearing Charlie hiss with every tap. I carefully wrap his wrists with bandage, and pull him onto my lap. "Charlie could you talk me through why you did this?" Tears form in my eyes. I see Charlie is already crying. He is shaking in my arms. My heart shatters.

"I- I had a nightmare that you saw me shirtless and...and you got up and left because I have scars and I am sk-skinny," he says. He is crying a lot now.

"Charlie I have seen you shirtless plenty of times and I think you are beautiful. I think you are sexy. I think you are the most gorgeous person I have ever seen. You are perfect. I would never ever leave you okay?" I just can't believe he would ever think I would do that. "Charlie I love you so much."

"I love you too," he says while wiping his tears with his hand. I scoop him up and carry him to the bed. I see him down and cover him up with our duvet. I go and grab some cups of tea and go back to bed. "Char?" I say as I enter the room. "Yeah?" He replies. "I love you so much okay?" I see a slight smile start to form on his face. "I love you too," he replies. I see his mouth open a little and then shut again.

"What were you going to say?" I ask him.

"I'm just scared to lose you. If I lost you I don't know what I'd do. I think I would die without you."

"Charlie don't even think about that. Don't worry about it. I would never leave you. I would never do anything to hurt you. I love you way too much for that." I pull out my laptop and pull up Netflix. Charlie is curled into me, his hair brushing again the bottom of my chin and his head and arms placed on my chest. I inhale deeply just taking in his scent. We watch Mean Girls. We just lay together all day. I love him and he loves me. No scars could ever change my love for him. We are just enjoying each other's company. I hope he realizes how much I truly love him. More than anything. More than anyone. I would die without him just as much as he would die without me too.

714 words

@heartstopperfan0929 gave me this idea in a comment on chapter 7!! Thank you for reading. Please vote the chapters!!