FIRE IN THE OFFICE

"Trouble follows her wherever she go, and she welcomes it with open arms."

PRESENT,  march 2024 

MANNAT POV.

"Finally" i sigh as i sit on my chair, i am soo tired right now, after walking upstairs to the 15th floor . when i gave the file to Mr. raman , i am telling you, he bombard me with questions.. like

"when did you join ?" 

"Did tanzil really give you this file ?" 

"where is aman ?"

"you have to make sure, this file dont get lost or don't get into wrong hands"

jaise file nahi ho gyi, kahi ka khazana ho gaya..

But now that he said it, i do have to make sure to safely give this file to the receptionist. he didn't say which time it had to be, because right now i am so tired. aint no way i am going to walk down to the ground floor and then climb back to the 7th floor..

 I'll give this to the receptionist when I'll leave for home in the evening for right now i just have to work on the challenge that ghamandi gave to me. 3 dresses.

how the hell i am going to make 3 dresses by the end of this week.?

i took a dream breath 'mannat , mannat calm down .. you can do this. if anyone can do it.. its you.'

After the prep talk i start working on my iPad to create the dresses.  first the traditional, second the western and third ...? he didn't told me about the third dress. I have to decide the theme by myself.. well for now just focus on the first two. 

And focus karne ke liye hume chahiye hotii hai scented candles. i get them out of my bag..

Don't ask me what they are doing in my bag. because i carry a small candle with me so that i can light it up whenever i need to relax.. and now that i have my own cabin i am planning to bring more of them here.

I'll need them a lot .. jaha Mr. khan jaisa boss ho wo toh pura office hi aisi candles se jalte rehna chahiye 24|7 , but where to set them up?

I look around and saw a window, walking towards it i put the file and candle on the window sill and side the curtains away. After lighting the candle i move to my desk and start working.

.............................................

I don't know how much it had been when i heard a knock. i looked up to find Aman standing there.

"mannat. we all are going to the cafeteria, tumhara kaam ho gaya toh join us." i looked at the time and its been 3 hours since i have start working and i am almost done with the first dress.

I can actually use a cup of coffee. getting up from my desk i start following him. first thing i heard when i enter the cafeteria is 

"uff look who grace us with her presence. we are so lucky." sanam grins at me and i return it with a smile. Everyone is here trisha, sanam, zamar and aman.

I take a seat and aman sit beside me. just when i look at zamar  

he said "i guess not because you are here." to sanam

 sanam rolled her eyes and replied "shut up"

 zamar copied her with a high pitched voice "shut up."

 I swear these two are worse than kids

"guys..." trisha said in her bossy voice which was enough to shut both sanam and zamar.