DID I JUST SLAPPED HIM?

"NOTHING BRIGHTENS UP THE ROOM LIKE HIS ABSENCE"

Taking a deep breath, I realized what just happened here.

Shit, did I just slapped him?

I slapped Tanzil. I wanted to do this for so long, and it feels way better than I thought it would. But then why am I feeling like it's not enough? I want to do so much more, like ruin him the way he ruined me.

He looked at me shocked, then his gaze hardened, like he couldn't accept the fact that someone just slapped him. I can bet that there are thousands of people out there who want to slap him. but only I got the honor.

Silence lingered in the air for some seconds, and when he was about to say something, the doors of the elevator opened.

But wait, I don't recall pressing the button on the 7th floor.

I guess it still saves me some time, so without looking at Tanzil, I was about to leave. When he grabs my elbow and tugs me towards him harshly, I can feel his anger form in the grip of his hand on my elbow.

Oh, this will leave a bruise, for sure.

I opened my mouth to snap at him when he beat me into it and said in a very infuriated but deep voice, "Listen, I know you are angry at me for what happened with your sister. But that's between Naymat and me."

"You are here for the interview, so I expect you to behave professionally."

I winced when his grip tightened on my elbow.

His eyes drop to my arm, and then I again lift them to look into mine.

"So don't you dare to raise your hand at me ever again. Understand ?'

Wait, did he say Naymat??

Yeh naymat kaha s aai bichme?? I swear to myself that if I get to know that he was involved with my sister too, I will make him regret messing with Naymat.

NAYMAT..

"My name is Naymat, and hers is Mannat." I recall myself saying this.

The realization falls upon me; shit, he still thinks of me as naymat.

He still thinks that he was involved with Naymat the whole time.

I was busy understanding the depth of the situation when he shook my arm and asked, "Understand?"

I looked at his hand and then in his eyes and said, "Leave my hand."

But his grip has tightened, and now it's hurting me like hell, but I didn't let it show on my face. "Did you understand?"

His voice is definitely mirroring his annoyance toward me. After knowing this, I feel a little better, but with the pain he is giving me, I can only manage to say three words.

"I hate you."

His grip tightened more.

Oh my god, he is going to break my arm. I think I can show my hate some other day because right now I can't win this battle.

And people always say to choose your battle wisely.

"Yes..I understand." I replied.

In a second, he leaves my arm and smirks smugly, "Good."

Ah, he is much more annoying now than in the past.

Resisting my urge to touch my arm, I stand still when the elevator opens again to the ground floor.

I looked around in confusion when I heard him say

"Now get out."

"Excuse me?"

What does this annoying man think of himself? . Jerk

He looked at me. "Do I have to repeat every sentence two times for you?"

"GET.OUT."

I still didn't move. Because it's not his personal elevator. He moves his hand toward a small board. It reads

"This elevator is only for the CEO."

Shit, I mistakenly took the VIP elevator.

I quickly leave it and then turn around to wait for him to also leave the elevator.

He just looked at me and occupied the elevator, giving me a mock salute.

He closed the door.

And I swear, if I could, I would have scratched his face with my nails without regret.

I quickly move towards the elevator, which I guess belongs to the employees, and wait for it.

A few seconds later, a huge gasp left my mouth.

Because the elevator is only for the CEO, and only Tanzil was in it.

Did I just slapped the boss on the day of the interview?

Abb toh mai pakka gyii.

............................

Finally, the interview is over now. There were a total of 15 people here for the interview. I think we did our best.

They asked me a few questions regarding why I chose fashion design.

What inspires me the most to create a dress?

For how long do I want to be in this field?

Of course, they asked me for some of my best sketches.

And now I have to wait for the results. I hope they don't show the files to the CEO. I don't think I will get the job. Tanzil Ahmed Khan is a jerk whose life mission is to make mine harder.

What if he finds out the truth? What if he finds out that it was not Naymat who was involved with him?

It was me. Mannat.

And I guess he will never, under any circumstances, let me work here. Even if he did, I wouldn't think peacefully. But he asked me to behave professionally, right??

So expect him to do the same.

I don't think I can do that. I can't hide my annoyance with that person. The moment he shows me his face, I want to rip it off. It sucks not to know which scenario is worse.

I am not getting a job, or I am getting one, but then I have to face him every day. I was busy wondering about all these things when they call out our names and call us in the HR cabin.

We all look at each other with an encouraging smile on our faces, because I know we all share the same passion for fashion design and we all want this job.

They speak the names of the people who were selected. And I just keep praying for my name to be on that list.

"MANNAT SIDDIQUI" They call my name, and my smile falls to my lips. And finally, I got the job.

People whose names were not called off left the room, and I wish something better was waiting for them.

"Now that you are an official employee of the NLF, Trisha..." he points towards a girl standing behind him. "...here will give you a tour of the company so you get familiar with the environment. The company only expects two things from you.

"1st loyalty"

"I want you to give us your best here." "Go to your seniors when you are in need of some advice. And welcome to NAAZ LUXURY FASHIONS." He completes it with a smile.

We all nodded at the manager. I was smiling throughout the whole speech because, after hearing it, I instantly knew I was going to love working here, minus the part where I have to face Tanzil, AKA my boss.

.............................

I hope you guys like the first interaction between these two, sorry not the first because you know something was going on between them in the past..

so tell me your thoughts about the 2nd chapter. show you love towards our Mannat and Tanzil through your votes and comments.

have a good day ahead.

Follow me on instagram for spoilers.

Author__diyaa