Chapter 16

After escaping from Shoujou's loud voice, Luffy and the others sailed towards the other side of the island where the supposed Cricket was. Chopper had to treat Y/N's ears as they were bleeding quite a bit which put him out of commission. It took them a bit before they arrived at Cricket where they disembarked to try to find him. At first, they didn't as they explored the surrounding area for a bit before encountering Cricket, who attacked them thinking they were after their gold. However, after Chopper treats him for his sickness of diving too much, Cricket tells them about his past and a few other things.

Around evening, everyone ate dinner at Cricket's house as they all partied and laughed, having a great time. Y/N's ear had mostly recovered while he was chuckling at what everyone was doing relaxing a bit finding the atmosphere to be rather peaceful. While he ate his food, he saw Robin reading a journal as she flipped to the last page.

Cricket: The skull's right eye, that's where I saw the gold.

Nami: Gold? Said getting everyone's attention.

Cricket: Those words smeared with tears were the last ones Noland wrote in his logbook. "The skull's right eye, that's where I saw the gold." That very same day, Noland was executed. I still don't know what he meant by that. Does it refer to the name of a city or some landmark that used to exist on the island? Or is it a poetic illusion of his impending death? The blank pages that follow give us no clue. And that's why we continued to dive to the bottom of the sea; we dream.

Y/N remained quiet as he was rather curious about what Cricket said. After a while, Y/N left as he wanted to get some fresh air and look at the moon despite Luffy nagging him to stay. Once he was outside, he walked to the shoreline looking out over the ocean as the sea breeze hit his face. Feeling the sea breeze, reminded him of the time he spent sailing with his mom and her crew across the Grandline. However, they never went to the New World as at the time Y/N was nowhere ready to fight those pirates. 

After looking out over the sea, he saw Luffy and the others run into the forest which confused him. As such, he followed them to see what was going on and why they were in a hurry. However, as he started to follow them, an idea popped into his mind given how dark the forest was causing him to snicker while a devilish smirk appeared on his face.

Luffy: Wow. It's pitch black.

Sanji: Will you let go of me, you idiot?

Luffy and the others continued to walk through the forest as Usopp was utterly terrified, clinging to Sanji.

Chopper: My stomach's still so stuffed from that dinner. I couldn't catch a bird if I saw one.

Luffy: So where are they?

Zoro: Let's just catch one of them, and get back to drinking.

Nami: Will someone remind me how we ended up in this mess? Utterly scared.

Usopp: Man, he couldn't have told us in the daylight, it had to be in the middle of the night.

Suddenly, something ran past Nami utterly scaring her and causing her to scream.

Luffy: What's wrong?

Nami: S-Something just ran past my leg!!!!

Zoro: What? Come on, stop acting like a child!

Nami: I'm serious!! Something just ran past me!!!

Usopp: C-Clam down Nami. I-I'm sure it was nothing to be afraid of, right Chopper?

He waited to hear something from Chopper but there was no response. However, there was a sudden scream which was Chopper's voice which utterly terrified Nami and Usopp, who quickly hugged each other as they screamed.