Chapter 4

Nami: The anniversary of Lavenda's death is tomorrow.

Fowler: Yeah. It would be roughly twenty years since she was killed.

Robin: If I may ask, how did he arrive on the island?

Fowler smoked his cigarette as he exhaled a puff of smoke.

Fowler: He washed up on the shoreline not that far from this place when Lavenda found him. My best guess is he must've fallen off a ship or something. I was busy with the tavern while Lavenda went out for a walk trying to clear her head after our child passed away a few months ago.

Flashback

Lavenda left the tavern early in the morning walking around the town to clear her mind. Even with the passing of her child, she still couldn't get over the feeling of losing him. She tried to cheer up by doing various things and going for walks around the town but nothing really worked. After walking around town, she decided to walk along the shoreline at a leisurely pace. Fowler and her crew tried cheering her up which helped slightly but the wound on her heart wouldn't be healed that easily.

As he walked along the shoreline, she spotted something ahead of her which caught her attention. She couldn't see what exactly it was but as she got closer, she saw that it was a kid lying unconscious about the age of four.

Lavenda: A kid?

She quickly ran over to him rather worried about him. When she got to him, she knelt down checking for a pulse which she found, but was rather faint.

Lavenda: He's alive.

She flipped him onto his back as she started to perform CPR. The boy didn't respond to this as she continued to do this for several minutes. Even though it was a kid, she had the need to save him and wouldn't give up that easily. She did this for a while before the boy started to cough up water and gasping for air.

Lavenda: Finally you're awake.

He cough up a bit more water as he flipped onto all fours.

Lavenda: It's ok. You're safe now.

After a few seconds, the boy frantically looked around trying to find something.

Lavenda: Hey, take it easy.

However, the boy didn't listen as he looked around trying to find something. After a few seconds, he saw a box that was at the fight causing him to quickly crawl towards it and grab it tightly.

Lavenda: Is that box important to you?

He quickly glared at her which came as a surprise to her.

???: You're not getting this box!!!

Lavenda: What?

The boy quickly got up and ran as fast as he could away from her.

Lavenda: H-Hey!

She started to chase after him feeling rather worried about him but also rather curious about him. As she chased after him, she was suprised at how fast he was running for a boy about the age of five. The boy ran into town with Lavenda not that far behind her.

Lavenda: Hey, slow down kid!! You need to rest!!

???: Go away, ya stupid old hag!!!

Lavenda's eyes twitch as she smirked slightly.

Lavenda: Oh~? Is that so? Fine!! If you wanna play, then I'll play!!